K11 LSD

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
For sale K11 LSD for CG10 or CG13 gearbox.

Condition: slightly used
Price £450 posted
Location manchester

Need gone asap

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Comes with set of brand new bearings too

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420887348.294048.jpg

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
I've not used it. The chap who I got it off said its done less than 30 miles. Comes with new bearings.

Will do £425 posted

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Yep as I found out which I wasn't told at point of sale. However you could use gps speedometer instead.

pollyp

Club Member
urm just noticed something might be wrong on the diff.

I believe those safety wires appear to be going the wrong direction?
assuming those are normal threaded righty-tighty bolts, the wires should be arranged to pull the bolt heads clockwise to keep em tight and resist anti-clockwise like in this pic

safett_wire.jpg

on the diff there it looks the opposite, it's pulling the bolts looser anti-clockwise and resisting clockwise o_O

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
I know nothing about it. I bought it on xmas eve I think and put it back up for sale within a hour as I bought it by mistake as I didn't know u couldn't use the speedo

Aha, so the missing Speedo Drive can't be transferred from my existing Diff, bit of a bummer.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll have a word with a chap I know :)

pollyp

Club Member
Andy is there any ID stamp on the bearings so we can find what gearbox this'll fit? cos it's important for ppl to note that according to nissan4u.com the preface 1.3 / preface 1.0 / facelift 1.0 all use different diff bearings

You could try phoning Matt Humphris (pretty sure this diff was in a box used on one of his cars then supplied to the guy you bought it off) and getting answers to all these questions and then get back to with us with more accurate details. It'll make trying to sell it a whole lot easier.

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Rang him and basically it's a k11 lsd. Looks a older type to the new ones they do however just as good.

You cannot tell the ramps unless you strip the lsd. I ain't doing that.

Matt said the lsds come with the following:

Base setting of 40/65 gravel pre load 60-70f ibs

Settings could be 30/65 Tarmac pre load 80/90ft ib

However unable to tell.

Like I said I initially bought it myself and less than 3 hours later someone said you can't use your speedometer with it. So it's up for sale.

Come on lads someone must want it. Comes with new bearings ready to go in this is over half price off from new!!!!

£400 posted now.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
urm just noticed something might be wrong on the diff.

I believe those safety wires appear to be going the wrong direction?
assuming those are normal threaded righty-tighty bolts, the wires should be arranged to pull the bolt heads clockwise to keep em tight and resist anti-clockwise like in this pic

View attachment 39545

on the diff there it looks the opposite, it's pulling the bolts looser anti-clockwise and resisting clockwise o_O
That's anti-locked
I do shed loads of wire locking in the RAF and that is some of the worst I've ever seen.

Easy enough to rectify, but it is definitely anti-locked.