K11 lowering. Alto springs method. GUIDE

Hi guys. I want to lower my K11. I was looking for yours advices, read many topics, and dont get it at all. So I make a guide to be sure I understood everything, and help other people in future. Please check it, if something isn't correct, edit it or just write.
Yea, and sorry for my language mistakes if there are some. I'm not from UK.

Cheers
56023-7_2.jpg

Didn't tested yet, but made this guide using all content in MCS about alto method. I had some doubts, bot Frank also sad it's correct.

yyyy, I've went throught those topics too, isn't alto springs for rear only?

edit: now I'm confused. 1998 Alto rear springs are the same as Micra Fronts. And they are different to Micra rears- didn't fits to spring seat. All this time I was wrong?

So how you lowering the rear?

looks like I've got to read these 10 pages. I've just read the Sky's shortcut

Last edited:
Alto rears springs cant be the same, cose if u instal these on the front Micra shocks, then u get 50mm dropp.

Some people say the rears Alto springs fits into rears k11 spring-seat.

As I sad, I didnt tested it yet. But I am close do do it.

Corsa B shocks on the rear, Alto springs all around is what I'm running.

Still sits a little higher than I want on little 13" rims so I'm lopping a coil off the front and 2 off the back...may need to fit an adjustable panhard rod now...

I've got one side of adjsusted panhard made, but stopped 'cause I dunno which springs get.

Funny thing is I've got Yellow adjustable Koni Shocks and KW Springs. But KW emblem its all I can say about them, rest of coils is corroded and serial number fell of. Mine car is for sure imported from Germany, but I don't think ,that KW made a OEM replacement springs... Looks like they're progressive, 'coz theres more coils on top and bottom
Also waiting for MOT to find out how worn those shocks are....

She doesn't look like lowered
sam_2291-jpg.47657

Mckenna This is yours at altos?
Looks superb imo

What year Alto springs (again)?
Some say around 1998

aYR384N.jpg

Only thing that halts me for doing Alto/corsa+ Matiz Setup is ride stiffness. I've read that Matiz springs are quite soft. Alto is not heavier than micra too...

other hand- mine is Super S with F and R swaybars... Maybe soft springs will be safer for my rusty chassis :D

Okay, so we need 4 rear springs from Alto 1994-2002, and they will fit plug&play Just like springs from 1998?

And the springs seat on the rear in K11 shuld be from K11, or from Alto?
I think k11, but not sure.

Yup - 4 rear Alto springs. They will fit onto the front shocks with no issues.

For the rears you will need a pair of rear shock absorbers from a Corsa B, as the Nissan ones are too long. These may require a little fettling - the crush tube in the lower bush on mine was too narrow - so I was going to drill them out but this was taking aaaages, so I just replaced the bushes themselves and fitted the crush tubes from the old Micra shocks.

The springs themselves will sit just fine where the Nissan ones were.

Last edited:
Thanks man

But, are u sure on the rear of k11 it has to be rear Corsa C shocks? Everyone sad these shuld be from Corsa B.

If you are right, I have to change my guide ;)

Cheers

Thanks man

But, are u sure on the rear of k11 it has to be rear Corsa C shocks? Everyone sad these shuld be from Corsa B.

If you are right, I have to change my guide ;)

Cheers

You're quite right - Corsa B shocks

(apologies - I drive a Corsa C as a boring day-to-day car, hence the confusion).

You'll either need a narrower lower bolt or a wider bushing though.

On my 1997 preface the alto springs won't fit plug&play at the K11 rear spring seats (chassis).
Does anyone have an idea how I can fit the alto springs on the rear?

I run corsa c shocks front and rear the fronts require a 1.5mm spacer between the hub upright and strut mounting plates as the corsa mountings are slightly to wider,

the rears lower bush is 34mm on the corsa and 32mm for the micro mount so just requires 2mm cutting off the bush width.
I run cut down mk2 focus rear springs at the back for a little stiffer rear bias.

I've got one side of adjsusted panhard made, but stopped 'cause I dunno which springs get.

Funny thing is I've got Yellow adjustable Koni Shocks and KW Springs. But KW emblem its all I can say about them, rest of coils is corroded and serial number fell of. Mine car is for sure imported from Germany, but I don't think ,that KW made a OEM replacement springs... Looks like they're progressive, 'coz theres more coils on top and bottom
Also waiting for MOT to find out how worn those shocks are....

She doesn't look like lowered
sam_2291-jpg.47657

Mckenna This is yours at altos?
Looks superb imo

What year Alto springs (again)?
Some say around 1998

aYR384N.jpg

Only thing that halts me for doing Alto/corsa+ Matiz Setup is ride stiffness. I've read that Matiz springs are quite soft. Alto is not heavier than micra too...

other hand- mine is Super S with F and R swaybars... Maybe soft springs will be safer for my rusty chassis :D
Rim size is 13?yeah?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Micra Sports Club mobile app

That's her...she's off the road atm for a few jobs, coming back lower and on smaller wheels ;-)

I found the stiffness to be a huge improvement, but mine is a standard car (not Super S). It was too high and really rolled/wallowed in corners.

It has to be early Alto springs - 1994 to 2002. I bought these ones: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Suzuki...r:1994&hash=item5686967799:g:D-4AAOSwt7pXM-fX
So what you say is that the car gets alil more stiff with the alto conversion?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Back