K11 Leaking Sunroof

Slokie

Ex. Club Member
The sunroof has started to allow drips of water in, I don't want to seal it off if I can help it, can you still get replacement sunroof seals? I would like to keep the sunroof, but if I can't get any new seal looks like filling it in.:(

phone your local nissan dealership and ask the part's department, im sure they will order you one , that's if they have'nt already got one in stock.

pollyp

Club Member
the foamy porous seal around the sunroof glass doesn't actually seal out water, it mainly keeps out wind n debris. water can seep through the material, down into the drainage trays n down the sunroof drains.
its most likely the sunroof drain pipe blocked with debris and the water overflows over the sunroof tray frame n down through the roof lining.

OP
OP
S

Slokie

Ex. Club Member
the foamy porous seal around the sunroof glass doesn't actually seal out water, it mainly keeps out wind n debris. water can seep through the material, down into the drainage trays n down the sunroof drains.
its most likely the sunroof drain pipe blocked with debris and the water overflows over the sunroof tray frame n down through the roof lining.

Thanks for the reply, did'nt notice any drain holes in the frame when i removed the glass, where would they be situated?

pollyp

Club Member
88421103.jpg
39606823.jpg
57352884.jpg
19840659.jpg

OP
OP
S

Slokie

Ex. Club Member
the bottom four photos are ones of mine that i have just taken and it looks completely different to the photos you have shown me. the k11 is late 2000 model (coilpack model) i dont know if this helps you any more. thanks

pollyp

Club Member
the bottom four photos are ones of mine that i have just taken and it looks completely different to the photos you have shown me. the k11 is late 2000 model (coilpack model) i dont know if this helps you any more. thanks

is that the sunroof that nissan fitted to the facelift? it looks abit primative like it came from a k10 march o_O

OP
OP
S

Slokie

Ex. Club Member
is that the sunroof that nissan fitted to the facelift? it looks abit primative like it came from a k10 march o_O
Don't know, only had the car 6 months, it looks like it's factory fitted, will strip it down later this afternoon ''weather permitting working outside on the road'' at the moment it's taped up, got caught in a heavy shower yesterday.

OP
OP
S

Slokie

Ex. Club Member
Don't know, only had the car 6 months, it looks like it's factory fitted, will strip it down later this afternoon ''weather permitting working outside on the road'' at the moment it's taped up, got caught in a heavy shower yesterday.
A fine day today weatherwise,did some serious work on the sunroof. Found the word ''Webasto'' on the mechanism so i'm thinking this was fitted sometime after purchase, don't know when, so have given up hope to save it. Have replaced the glass on a thick seal of silicone, so it's now permanently fixed. Thanks for the info pollyp, a big help.

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
My old 2000 K11 had a sun roof that when it was shut propally had loud wind noise and let water drip in, i found just turning the handle slightly stopped both these issues..