K11 L.E.D Rear Light Problem

Hi,

I just bought some rear LED lights, and was under the assumption it was meant to be a direct fit

So whats happening is that the reverse is acting as brake/tail light....when i indicate it goes back and forth with the reverse light etc etc.

Basicly no LEDs are coming on?

I'm thinking, being no expert here, to and if I can pull out the crimps and swap them around.

:/

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
I take it you are fitting these to a preface lift?
Wiring needs a little adjustment if fitting to a pre face.
Direct fit for the face lift. I'll see if I can find the wiring diagram for u. Its easy

OP
OP
WeepZ
It's 1999 Frank & no need now Paul...

I found the guide most people seem to be posting i tried that and still no luck lol

Then literally I just tried them in all different ports, thinking "rite that does brake, so leave that one, put that one in there, that's side lights"

I was so scared at first pulling those connectors out... They really don't wanna move.

:):):)

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Was it this one you used?

Attachments

• 1413483138153.jpg
    1413483138153.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 403
OP
OP
WeepZ
Yea Paul and the pre-facelift one is all black and was a bit baffled because all my black wire lead into one wire?

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
I did have a better one. I'll see if I can find it. It swapped cables on the light itself as apposed to this one on the loom

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
I know there is a thread about the LED rear lights already but I thought I would stick up a wiring diagram for them anyway.

1. Red
2. Green
3. Black
4. Green with white stripe running through
5. Not used
6. Grey

I believe when I did mine i had to pull out and move 4 of the pins.

OP
OP
WeepZ
Yeah MicraPRO all working fine.... Just need a red fog bulb now, the one that came with it was bright white lol...

Now I'm thinking of looking into LEDs for my window brake light. ;)

Attachments

• 20141016_184132_HDR.jpg
    20141016_184132_HDR.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 439

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Honestly just take reverse light out wedge it in blue tack and spray it red got me a mot pass and other past members on here :)
Led 3rd brake light mod is easy and looks great I did mine last year.
They look great don't they haha!

OP
OP
WeepZ
Ahh thanks MicraPRO was a bit baffled why you mentioned blu tac, then I realised to cover the connector... Duhh lol... So the window brake light, would it just be a case of replacing the bulbs inside the casing, or can I buy a whole replacement?

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Ahh thanks MicraPRO was a bit baffled why you mentioned blu tac, then I realised to cover the connector... Duhh lol... So the window brake light, would it just be a case of replacing the bulbs inside the casing, or can I buy a whole replacement?
Custom my friend custom! Buy a strip that will fit inside the brake casing secure it and connect it up :) simple!

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Ebay is a good shout lot on there just measure up make sure that they are 12v and come with wiring attached crimp on connectors and it should just plug in... mine are secured to inner casing with cable ties :)

OP
OP
WeepZ
Ebay is a good shout lot on there just measure up make sure that they are 12v and come with wiring attached crimp on connectors and it should just plug in... mine are secured to inner casing with cable ties :)
Thanks again MicraPRO :D Lol that word, should. ;)