K11 Jerking at low speeds

Hi everyone. I bought myself a month ago my first Micra K11 1997 manual model. At first it had issues with stalling and found out that the fuel pump was dirty, so I cleaned it and also changed the fuel filter and also cleaned fuel injectors. After that my car started to run much better and the stalling stopped.

But I'm having an issue with jerking at lower speeds, like first and second gear, sometimes in third. It happens when I lightly touch the gas pedal it starts to jerk but when I accelerate it goes away. Also jerks sometimes in highway but only when I touch the gas pedal lightly, but most of the time its in lower gears.

So far I have cleaned the throttle body, also re-soldered it and checked sparks plugs and distributor. Adjusted the Throttle body sensor to correct values. Changed the oil and adjusted the clutch cable and also gas pedal cable.

To a certain degree this is normal when you first go on the gas, especially in lower gears but less pronounced at motorway speeds - the injectors are cut when you're off the gas and engine breaking starts and them starting up will give you a little jerk

If it's doing it excessively or bunnyhopping then the clutch might be slipping and in need of replacement, could also be the release springs. Depending on mileage (over 70k) it could be the timing chain has stretched affecting your timing or flapping around for a moment just making everything feel a little less exact

You've already tackled all the usual suspects

OP
OP
S
Thank you for replying. The car is over 195 000km. It's not a big issue but just a little annoying. Is there a way to check if the timing chain has stretched?

OP
OP
S
I have couple of other issues that I would love to fix. Here is two videos where you can hear the problems in my car. The first one is when I accelerate in low speed when the car jerks it makes clung voices. The second is in the motor. Can anyone help me pin out what could be these issues. Thanks!

WARNING! VOLUME IS TOO LOUD!

The videos are in youtube. Motor ticking issues

Clunk sounds

The first one I don't recognise as anything specific, but it sounds rotational - possibly some sort of pulley causing an issue on one of the accessory belts, or it could be the chain I mentioned before but impossible to tell, sounds clunky, like metal, but doesn't sound like engine internals to me

The second one sounds like it may be your wheel bearings or bushings on the front wheels, or just some play in the steering or wheel mounts. With the front of the car off the ground there may be excessive movement. It could also be the engine mounts as somebody else has said. I've also heard similar sounds on cars that were new and working fine so if everything looks good this may not be a problem - in that case it's usually just the noise the suspension springs make or the body/chassis of the car creaking

OP
OP
S
The first one I don't recognise as anything specific, but it sounds rotational - possibly some sort of pulley causing an issue on one of the accessory belts, or it could be the chain I mentioned before but impossible to tell, sounds clunky, like metal, but doesn't sound like engine internals to me

The second one sounds like it may be your wheel bearings or bushings on the front wheels, or just some play in the steering or wheel mounts. With the front of the car off the ground there may be excessive movement. It could also be the engine mounts as somebody else has said. I've also heard similar sounds on cars that were new and working fine so if everything looks good this may not be a problem - in that case it's usually just the noise the suspension springs make or the body/chassis of the car creaking

Thanks Matt! I will post here if I found the issue in my car. I already ordered a pulley because I suspected its the one that makes the noice in the motor. Now I'll have to find whats making the clunky sounds. :)