k11 help with obd

what is my car running obd1 or obd-ii i have a 1997 nissan micra shape 4 door will instert the photo of the plog
AInb2bvtEKSaVt9nNYtiJ0wyfiXAJFDYkWU4VrMNL5s

this is it any idears as need to no for collage

plug in a ababeter cable then plug in a obd ii bluetooth thing and well did not work but works it my mats new car so got no idear what up was using the toruqe app

My Micra K11 was registered on 31st October 2000, so will mine be OBD2? Is there any way I can check? because I'd like to buy a reader and want to ensure it's compatible. Cheers.

great, cheers for the quick reply Frank. Any recommendations on readers? I've heard lots of bad reports about copies of Autel code readers sold on eBay and even Amazon. I quite fancy the Autel Autolink AL319 (£50) or the AL519 (£100) from an authotised dealer.

Any idea what protocol uses? Otherwise I'll have to locate the plug (already had a quick look and didn't spot it) and see if I can see what pins it uses as per this guide (http://www.alpha-bid.com/HowToChooseACodeReader.html)

it will be 16 pin, near your knee iirc stu, and a few members have done recommendations in the past :) (mine,s older than god :))

Still dirt cheap on ebay, I just wish we could faff about with stuff on our phones! If you're after diagnostics, there is a way of shorting two pins to get an error code. I daren't do it myself.

Back