K11 head change help .

Hi. I would like to change a coil pack head for a distributor head. Do I need to change the loom or any other bits or ecu etc. Any help appreciated. Or if you are in herts and can lend a hand appreciated again. Thanks

Loom ecu flywheel any make space for the hall sensor. I think you need to change a sprocket on the timing chain for a sensor pickup too. And clocks too probably

More to the point why do this, a lot of work for not a lot of gain. You can fit a dizzy head to coil pack bottom end (this is what I run).

Hi Matt. The car does have a coil pack engine fitted now facelift car. Can i change this head to a earlier distributor type head with plug Leads. will I need to change any of the electrical plugs or will I need to change the ECU etc thanks

Ah ok, you will need a fair bit i.e. full engine and car loom, dizzy ECU. A lot of work really....

Still WHY? The coil pack engine is slightly better, and coil pack ignition gives more power...

Or you can block off the hole for the dizzy, with a machined spacer. Swap the cam cover over and then carry on using the coil packs.

Back