K11 Fuel Pump removal

I want to replace the fuel pump in my Micra so I've opened up the fuel tank cover under the rear seats, disconnected the connectors and pipes from the top, opened the collar and have access to the fuel tank. I've also removed the connectors from the underside of the top.

I can see the cylindrical pump in its housing with the two little black retaining clips either side of it.

Can someone tell me how I undo these clips to release the pump from the housing? Do they push apart outwards or do they go downwards?

I managed to get them far enough apart outwards to start getting the pump out but it's a really tight squeeze as the pump gets further and further out. I don't want to force them anymore because it seems too tight for comfort.

I'm wondering if they should just 'clip' completely out of the way (a bit like the retaining clips that hold bulbs in the back of headlights) making the pump removal an easy task.

Thanks

I want to replace the fuel pump in my Micra so I've opened up the fuel tank cover under the rear seats, disconnected the connectors and pipes from the top, opened the collar and have access to the fuel tank. I've also removed the connectors from the underside of the top.

I can see the cylindrical pump in its housing with the two little black retaining clips either side of it.

Can someone tell me how I undo these clips to release the pump from the housing? Do they push apart outwards or do they go downwards?

I managed to get them far enough apart outwards to start getting the pump out but it's a really tight squeeze as the pump gets further and further out. I don't want to force them anymore because it seems too tight for comfort.

I'm wondering if they should just 'clip' completely out of the way (a bit like the retaining clips that hold bulbs in the back of headlights) making the pump removal an easy task.

Thanks

hello mate,

the box/case which the pump is in is cliped to the bottom of the tank, so if you take it out it makes it easier to take the lid off. You need to reach in and put your hand to the front end(facing the boot) and the slide it off the rail whilst pressing the clip down which you should be able to feel.

Any problems let me know

Back