K11 factory wheel size / stock wheel size any1 sure?

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys, sorry to bother. I've been currently running on 195/65/15s for like 4 yrs now but am a bit tight on money and have to consider switching to stock wheelies for a while but either the 15s and the stock 13s require new rubber, I summed that the 13s would come way cheaper to replace.

Can anyone remind me the actual stock wheel dimensions? IIRC they're 13s but am unsure of the other dimensions x/y/13s. So I'll fetch some quick quotes online for the stock wheels.

Thanks everyone,
Ian - Malta

155/70R13 or 175/60R13.
155s will be cheaper (in the UK at least).
thanks Drand, wonder how it comes with varying sizes from factory..maybe part of the facelift? huh! thanks btw. anywhere known for cheap tyres in uk online where I can check for curiosity so I'll compare with local ones?

last weekend, micra started rumbling..found out that the exhause pipe coming out of the cat have fallen off, just had it rewelded back to the cat now it's fine again.. miss that roar

thanks again bro's,
Ian - Malta

One last imp question.. What's the odds of leaving 15s on the rear and the new rubbered 13s on the front? guess no damage could be caused ey? for anyone wondering why. it's cos the rear wheels are only like 2 yrs old the front ones are like 6 yrs old. and to replace the front 2 15s costs like all 4 13s..

You can have different wheel sizes front to rear but NOT left to right, so different fronts are ok.

You can have different wheel sizes front to rear but NOT left to right, so different fronts are ok.
Thanks Enuo! btw love your job especially if it's got to do with automotive! ;) thanks guys again! I hope I'd be able to rebuild my micra back to its former glory. rust is starting to kick in it's her 19'th bday this yr, it drives superb. the body work is what's giving me issues.

Bodywork is hardest to keep on top of once the rot sets in I find. And am aerospace not automotive, but lots of transferable skills ;)

Is it correct that the pre-facelift and first facelift K11s ran 13 inch wheels and the second facelift (2000 onwards) ran 14 inch wheels?

I believe so, and subsequently had different wishbones and hubs (different taper on the balljoint)

Oh really? I was thinking of swapping to 14 inch steels, but wasn't sure on tyre availability/price and if there would be any running problems.

No running problems from what i understand, just a minor design revision, probably to cut costs by making the balljoints more standard with other cars in their range.

Actual size is 155/70/13 Steelies and the original tyre brand the micra was shipped with upon manufacture were PNEUMANT brand cos I managed to find the originals. Thanks for all your support guys

Back