k11 facelift dials with RPM dial

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
Hi all,

just picked up a great little facelift k11 but it has no tacho, so i want one,

anyone got one for sale?

thanks

hmm interesting, the trip should be digital and part of the ECU so the milage should stay the same which ever dials you put in. you willing to sell them? got a pic?

Yeah theyr digital and just had one plug in back which was straight fit but mileage went to 83k originals were 66k message me on Facebook steveo holdich

52f42727.jpg

cool, i will take them if its good with you, i hope they will fit!

damn.... lol btw Nex can you change the miles on it? my car is around 65000 miles and if i bought one which is a higher milage can I change it back to right milage on my car?

many thanks.

damn.... lol btw Nex can you change the miles on it? my car is around 65000 miles and if i bought one which is a higher milage can I change it back to right milage on my car?

many thanks.

nope sorry, i spend ages taking the dials apart and unsoldering the dial motors and transfering them over to the old cluster, but the micro processor isn't programmed to drive the tacho so it didn't work, the miles are stored inside the processor on some kind of non volatile ram, and without knowing the pin out of the chip and how its been coded there is no way to reprogram it. the only thing i can think of is to set the dials up to work outside the car and then get something like a 555 timer to pulse the speedo input, and just pulse it really really fast and make the clock loop round.

I know this is an old thread, I am going to get my hands on a new cluster for my car with a rev counter, it has 5k less miles than mine, is it illegal to have them on my car even if the millage is wrong? and how do you get through an MOT? and can the millage be changed at all? Thanks

Back