K11 Exhaust options....

Which kit

• Total voters

Kamarley

If it aint Jap its Crap!
right ive been shopping around, as some may know already i have a 1.0L 2000 micra which needs some rumble and pop.
ive found these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sportex-N...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4162e2a5be
or
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sportex-N...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f1421e0d9
one what is the difference?? (apart from price and the size of the tip)
and is this worth getting i may be planning to decat the mani after i get one.
any helpful ideas would be much appreciated :)

Peter Lloyd is a Sportex o_O

Those two links, 1 is a 3inch, 1 is a 4inch.

3 would look best.

Personally a standard decat and a Sportex back box will be fine and much cheaper

Don't exhausts usually rot from the inside out due to condensation?
Buggered if I know how you're gonna hammerite the inside ;)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

indeed your correct, but hammeriting the outside will prevent it from doing so outside > in so It will at least slow it up :).

Once my system goes ill probably get an identical one made up with stainless steel

indeed your correct, but hammeriting the outside will prevent it from doing so outside > in so It will at least slow it up :).

Once my system goes ill probably get an identical one made up with stainless steel
Hmmmm. 3 1/2 straight through stainless.... Eurghhhh sex wee when turbo is all like spinning and shiz

Hmmmm. 3 1/2 straight through stainless.... Eurghhhh sex wee when turbo is all like spinning and shiz

would work well with dem turboszzz.

couldn't do it with a standard you'd lose the back pressure with such a big bore and you'd be slower :L, 2.25" from PLR is spot on IMO for the standard engines

would work well with dem turboszzz.

couldn't do it with a standard you'd lose the back pressure with such a big bore and you'd be slower :L, 2.25" from PLR is spot on IMO for the standard engines
Lies you don't need powerzzzz u needs noise

Don't exhausts usually rot from the inside out due to condensation?
Buggered if I know how you're gonna hammerite the inside ;)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

i guess you pour the paint in one end of the pipe and let it trickle down whilst viciously shaking the exhaust pipe to cover the insde area!

J

I can do it myself, it's just I don't wat to put £140 into a exhaust that will only die in my :(

K K K K Kamarley!!

nothing really, the exhuast will rust in 4 years if you do nothing to it, might squeeze a few more years out of it if you treat it well.
It's either £145 for a PL exhuast system, or £350 for a Janspeed stainless one

nothing really, the exhuast will rust in 4 years if you do nothing to it, might squeeze a few more years out of it if you treat it well.

could probably get a custom stainless one made up for less than that

OR you can spray 5hit loads of WD40, you can buy 5ltr cans now (industrial size) and generously pour thay down the pipes and not forgetting to hammerite the pipes and exhaust heat wraps all away then fit exhaust up and sorted, 6-7 years of pain free rust thought driving !!! ;) bare in mind you will have a little smokey smelly car untill it bonds and makes a nice coat!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand sorted!!!

J

If I wanted one (I don't) I'd get it made in the local dockyard for free. Dockyards can make anything, and I mean anything, brilliant places. All that for a noise !!! you're all bonkers.

I've had both, and PLR sounded amazing with a 4-2-1 but the janspeed looks amazing and sounds even better!

Suzie the Super S

Hi, just found that Sportex makes 2 different back boxes for the K11.. one for the '92 model and the first facelift, and one for the last facelift.

I always thought that the exhaust line was identical... maybe is just for the different rear bumper that on the last facelift has a very shallow exhust port?

Back