K11 eps fault

Hi I have a k11 with eps fault.. No fault codes or light.. Pulls to the left badly but wheel alignment is good had it checked.. Anyone know where to start looking.. I'm in new Zealand and help is pretty thin down here without spending a futune.. @huttojb I'm told you the go to man.. Cheers

OP
OP
MalcolmM
Could it be a jammed brake caliper?

Can't you give us more info?

Enviado do meu MI 8 através do Tapatalk
It's all in the steering.. Brakes are good and free.. If you take hand off the steering wheel it pulls to the left as driving.. Camber of the road doesn't change it.. Tyres have been rotated to eliminate tyre pull.. Its not harsh but you have to hold the steering wheel to keep it going straight

Im not sure if the k11 is different there but here in Europe and UK they dont have electronic power steering. Id start with checking suspension. Mine pulled to the right because of a very worn tyre (1mm vs 6mm on the other tyres) due to a worn out shock.

OP
OP
MalcolmM
Im not sure if the k11 is different there but here in Europe and UK they dont have electronic power steering. Id start with checking suspension. Mine pulled to the right because of a very worn tyre (1mm vs 6mm on the other tyres) due to a worn out shock.
Cheers for the reply.. Yeh we have a mixture of all 3 setups...cheers will have a look at that area again

I'm only going off experience with my sister's i30 but it'll have a sensor to detect steering position on the steering column, if this is out of sync then it's likely to provide assistance to turn the direction it thinks you are wanting to go, if that makes sense.
After I replaced a steering dampener on the i30 the mechanic recalibrated it for me as relative positions had changed. Maybe yours needs recalibrating?

OP
OP
MalcolmM
I'm only going off experience with my sister's i30 but it'll have a sensor to detect steering position on the steering column, if this is out of sync then it's likely to provide assistance to turn the direction it thinks you are wanting to go, if that makes sense.
After I replaced a steering dampener on the i30 the mechanic recalibrated it for me as relative positions had changed. Maybe yours needs recalibrating?
Cheers.. Will give that a go... Its sort of my train of thoughts was heading

huttojb

Club Member
EPS System Guru
Hi I have a k11 with eps fault.. No fault codes or light.. Pulls to the left badly but wheel alignment is good had it checked.. Anyone know where to start looking.. I'm in new Zealand and help is pretty thin down here without spending a futune.. @huttojb I'm told you the go to man.. Cheers
Hey. Sorry I’m the K12 EPS Person.

OP
OP
MalcolmM
Yeh down here we managed to get all the steering systems.. Just hard to find info on them.. Even nissan are a bit vague on it.. Do the k12's get a similar fault?

huttojb

Club Member
EPS System Guru
K12 have a different steering concept. The eps is a all in one system. The torque sensor, motor and control is in one assembly where I think the K11 is separate components