K11 door card + speakers

Dave_Ally

Ex. Club Member
Hi all, I've been wanting to change the factory fitted speakers for a while now and have the funds to do so now. Anybody got any recommendations for good speakers that will fit nicely without too much modification?

I tried to get the door card off last night to have a look and I got stuck with the manual window winder. I gather there is something to clip out to get it off but it wouldn't give with my screwdriver at all. I didn't want to snap the handle off with too much pressure! Also there is something holding the card in behind the surround for the manual lock as well isn't there?

Any help greatly appreciated as I'm a bit of a novice. Just want to get some better audio from my head unit. :grinning:

Hi Dave_Ally,
I've just got myself a pair of these Pioneers. http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/4876402/art/pioneer/ts-g1712i-car-speakers.html
They fit perfect in my K11. However, I could try and help you out with removing the door panel except my K11 has electric windows so I don't have a window winder.

Thanks Jethro, have figured out the clip on the window winder now; managed to get it off without it flying off :D
Is it going to cause a problem depthwise if I want some speakers with a bit more power to match the MVH-8200BT I put in or is it not going to be worth the hassle? They look nice but I want something a little bit more than those ideally since I'm only going for the 2 speakers.

Have a look at the Sticky Threads in this section. You need to use spacers if you use anything with a mounting depth over 54mm. Have a look at my sticky thread on shallow mount speakers for a list of speakers that won't need spacers to fit.

Back