K11 Diff ratios

IIRC 1.0 is 4.4 and 1.3 is 3.9 fitting the 1.0 box to the 1.3 is a good move i've done it and keeps her on song much better :)

It is a 1.0 16V 1997 It is a Grass track car I was thinking of putting the 1.3 gaer box on it ie 3.9 diff faster top end but would be slower off the line and out of bends may be better to stay with 4:4 what are anybody's thoughts

It is a 1.0 16V 1997 It is a Grass track car I was thinking of putting the 1.3 gaer box on it ie 3.9 diff faster top end but would be slower off the line and out of bends may be better to stay with 4:4 what are anybody's thoughts
yours is the smaller g/box with a 4.05 diff then bod, you would need to change shafts/flywheel/clutch etc to fit a 1.3 box

Was gonna start exploring the 1.0l boxes myself once i get my head round ratios and what is best for me, over the past couple of meetings i have struggled off the line but seem to catch them as soon as hit second. Mine is a 1.0 96 vibe.

Bod dont fit the 3.9 for grassing my mate has one in his and it just doesnt rev enough with the 3.9, he fitted the 4.4 and now hes up there with them.

Is this grassing car a class 1 if so i'm sure the nasa rules says your not allowed to mix and match gearboxs and ratios must be manufactured to the engine. please correct me if i'm wrong .

Back