K11 cutting out & hot re-start issue at same and only location, early in morning

Hi
This is bit of a real weird one, my K11 stalls in the morning, cutting out & hot re-starting an issue, it frequently occurs at same place and only location, early in morning, it doesn't do this any other time or elsewhere and not in the warmer seasons!

You sitting at the lights (or in traffic) at this location, then all of a sudden cuts out and a pig to re-start, you just crank it and doesn't fire up, like it's flooded or damp (but it's normal engine temperature), after about 5 minutes, I can somehow get it going again.

It's getting to the point now, as occurrences are increasing, I am having to consider altering my commute to avoid this place, it does it about twice a week currently out of 5 journeys.

The location is slightly raised motorway inter-junction above a river and surrounding fields (ie green belt), so sometimes dew and mist on them. I am convinced there is an air sensor detecting a drop in cold air temperature and somehow richening the mixture, is this possible, has anyone else has this issue before on their K11, it's just absolutely baffling.

Any ideas?

Sounds like solder maf for starters if you havn't and your problem complaint sure does sound like a worn maf but that happens to be my other Nissan and this one does not need soldering

Sounds like solder maf for starters if you havn't and your problem complaint sure does sound like a worn maf but that happens to be my other Nissan and this one does not need soldering
Thanks, isn't the MAF sensor in the TB on the pre facelift, ie solder the board?

I am k11 pre-face lift owner not aware of coilpacks but surely your maf can be soldered? it is not hard to solder it is hard to open it up nicely

I am k11 pre-face lift owner not aware of coilpacks but surely your maf can be soldered? it is not hard to solder it is hard to open it up nicely
Ok thanks, I have done that before on the previous TB, but I wasn't sure if that was the MAF sensor board.

Not sure m8 just await responses I actually threw out my Cg13 as a corroded slow and worn but do know many k11 revived by just soldering and there are writeups pics, no worries just don't expect it to be served and done tomorrow morning

Not sure m8 just await responses I actually threw out my Cg13 as a corroded slow and worn but do know many k11 revived by just soldering and there are writeups pics, no worries just don't expect it to be served and done tomorrow morning
TBH, it's not a major issue at the moment (apart from I'll have to avoid that stretch now), apart from that it's ok!

OK many thanks for the replies, I did the solder hack on my last TB (in situ) though, I accidently used the wrong solder (some gave it to me) and a few months later TB started getting worse again, I pried off the plate again and the board was rotten, turns out it was plumber flux! :rolleyes:
Anyway, replaced the TB with the one I have now and it's been on about 3 years, so maybe have to re-visit the solder iron again!

Back