K11 Coilpack Info Needed

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Hey guys, after much deliberation on getting a completely different car after this SR i have decided to stick with Micras.
However i just wanted to know would i come across any problems with the coilpack engines.
Is there really much difference to the more common 1.3 instead of the coilpack "1.4" ?
Any info would be great from those of you who have had the pleasure of working on them.

frank

Club Member
no-one had modded an n/a 1.4 on here really eh, the f/w is heavy and cant be lightened much, the cat is restrictive.
someone should fit a QG18 in :) similar injectors/maf/crank sensors etc, plug-n-play i reckon

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Ta Frank, i'm not aiming for a coilpack in anyway just if i see a bargain car i don't want to shy away from it for that reason.
1.8 micra sounds fun. :D

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
no-one had modded an n/a 1.4 on here really eh, the f/w is heavy and cant be lightened much, the cat is restrictive.
someone should fit a QG18 in :) similar injectors/maf/crank sensors etc, plug-n-play i reckon

Um I have. I've turbod them changed engine management and have more than 200hp out of one... Before that it was NA.

They are not as flexible to begin with. If you pull the ECU and change it for something better then they are great and there is quite a lot you can do with them. The initial step is more expensive however, and without it any gains are missed.

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
I've blown a 1.4 coilpack engine in my car its a right pain to get a replacement and are hard to find. the 1.3 engine are way cheaper and easier to find than the 1.4 doing 70-75 on the motorway I was only getting 35-38 mph. other than it being more rare as they only produced the for a few years before switching to the k12 its a nice engine it does 10 more bhp on paper but not sure how much that translate on the road.

mines runs on ODB2 and I found it hard to get information on wiring as not many people have played around with it on a k11. trying to figure out the wiring for the speedo was a real pain.

If your thinking of any major transplant like an SR20 then its gets a little tricky. If you just want to keep the car engine as is but want to do other mod's its great especially when its so rare for a 1.4 K11 :)

Oh and i've been told that my 2002 model the door pillar in the middle is reinforced for extra safety compared to 1.3 facelift.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Thanks for the info. Mc...
Looks like i won't be staying micra anyhow. But SR20 should be there ;)