K11 buying tips?

lewic

Ex. Club Member
I've spotted a couple of 1.3 K11s in the local paper, am no expert so does anyone have any tips on what to look out for when viewing? Particularly;

Structural rust - where to look
MAF sensor/throttle-body problems (what are the symptoms?!)

kick the tyre lol soz could'nt help it.
look for:
smoke on start up
any rattles
accident damge

thats just off the top of me head but im sure one of the more experienced boy's will give ya alot more info.

but to be honest micra dont really go wrong well should'nt.

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
rust :-

front cross member
sills
back arches

mechanics a little chain rattle can be expected but not alot usually goes away once up to temp.. and just the usuall mayonaise on the inside of the oil cap.. when the engine is cool stick your finger in the cam cover have a feel about for deposits.. just check for any leaks the brakes ect..

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
crossmember and both sills! get on ya back n check it thoughly, how old are the cars? if there a few years old like 7,8,9+ give em a hard "tap", sill replacement and crossmember replacement is pricey (unless you can weld) and its a right faff! erm.......3 door, as with most cars, doors tend to drop (dunno id that bothers you tho!) errr........smoke (bad light blue means sumic but i cant rember what, im sure)and check for crash damage, micra's are so easy to do imo, and some people buy them from scrappies (write offs) and fix em all up so check under bonnet, check the engine bay, where the wings are bolted on, check that, check boot floor etc. thats all i can think of, others will let you know more tho! :D

OP
OP
lewic

lewic

Ex. Club Member
Both cars are quite old. One car is L reg with 11 months MOT, and one is N reg with 6 months MOT. Both are £750 ono. Assuming they arent rustbuckets, what price would people suggest I try to haggle them down to? Was thinking £500-ish.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
View the car and decide in your mind what you think its worth, before haggling. You may think they're not worth buying.

Also ask to see service history documents and MOT certificates etc. The MOT may flag up advisories which you'l have to be aware of - possibly costly fixes in the pipeline in the year ahead.

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
go for the L reg with 11 month MOT if poss, in theory at least u have the car a year if you get me. defo defo defo look at the rear arches sills and crossmember, that is the K11 main weakspots. ask about service history and listen to the engine ticking over. £750 for a '93 micra (13 hitting 14 years old) (what model?) if its basic model (based on condition too) think between £500 -£650. if poss, take a mate along with you with a mechanical mind too!

OP
OP
lewic

lewic

Ex. Club Member
Thanks for all your help! Will take a look at the L reg one on saturday if its still available - wont bother with the one with 6 months MOT.