K11 brakes into k10

pork

Club Member
Looking into upgrading brakes now I'm gunna have quite a bit more power. (Oh yeah!!!)

So has anyone done the k11 conversion, I have the k11 hubs sitting here

Do they bolt straight on, read somewhere that the bottom ball joint doesn't fit or something

Beings this is going on the k10, is it really worth getting gtir calipers , or is there a k11 disc / pad combo that works really well?

h701micra

Deactivated Account
The k11 ball joint is larger than k10 so you'll need the wishbone or swap the balljoint.
K11 wishbone is 10mm shorter than the k10
Iirc almera calipers, pads and discs on a k11 hub go well and should give you enough stop :)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
I do that a lot :p usually after I've been auto corrected
I'm pretty sure you can on ebay iirc. I've seen some before as it was a conversion I was going to do before I got the gtir stuff

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
When y say the k11 ball joint is larger, is the threaded part larger? If so, do I drill out?

h701micra

Deactivated Account
The tapered bolt you mean? That's what is larger. Drilling it out may prove fairly difficult to get it perfectly round afterwards?

frank

Club Member
here,s a k11 one, 12mm metric fine thread, 15mm taper (max) and 35mm dia body

P7040152.JPG

h701micra

Deactivated Account
K10 are 10mm fine thread. 14mm taper and a 35mm body

Also agree with above I dont like digital ones either :)
Edit: Body width... I added the lip :(

h701micra

Deactivated Account
I thought of that a while ago. Asked an engineer and he said.. its your suspension setup why would you want to mess about with that... so it progressed no further

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
aIt's only for the ARB though, get a reducer made out of steel, press fit it then tack weld both sides to stop it shocking loose
Edit: Blonde moment, not ARB but what I said still stands, just maybe a continuous weld both sides :oops:

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
So what's the answer then? Don't really wanna use k11 wishbones as their 10mm shorter in length

h701micra

Deactivated Account
So what's the answer then? Don't really wanna use k11 wishbones as their 10mm shorter in length
I'd keep the K10 wishbones and use the k11 ball joint... it has been done... I've seen it on here :)... if not then k10 hubs are easily modify-able to accept larger brakes :)

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
I suppose I should jus buy the ball joints n see how I can make it fit........hmmm

Been burning thru cash atm, skint now till end of month :(

Got front suspension off today too so I can mod top mounts and get other bits on the lathe, really would like brakes all on too when it comes to fitting all back on

Car looks sad sat on bricks

AH.K10

K10/K11
10mm is not alot and will correct some camber if you are lowing? id go for k11 wishbones. I have some loose if you need measurements. I think datson project aka little nipper used k11 wishbones?