K11 Bonnet Struts?

Hi all, first post here so forgive me if I'm doing anything wrong!

Just wondering if anyone has fitted bonnet struts to their K11?
My first idea was to use boot struts, but the bonnet is heavy so I have a feeling they'd be too weak.
Maybe there's a kit out there I'm not aware of?

If anyone has done or attempted this, any info would be greatly appreciated, t.i.a (y)

pollyp

Club Member
Hi all, first post here so forgive me if I'm doing anything wrong!

Just wondering if anyone has fitted bonnet struts to their K11?
My first idea was to use boot struts, but the bonnet is heavy so I have a feeling they'd be too weak.
Maybe there's a kit out there I'm not aware of?

If anyone has done or attempted this, any info would be greatly appreciated, t.i.a (y)

the boot is surprisingly heavy due to all the glass, lights, & panels compared to a simple bonnet.
a single boot strut is more than enough to support the bonnet

https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-157#post-749220

.jpg

Funny you should do it that way pollyp! This was one the FIRST mod I did on the car.

IMG_20220712_154729.jpg

Being a T-reg the boot wasn't being held up properly, cos some of the gas must've escaped, so I bought a couple new struts for it (the K12 struts :oops: oops) and slapped them in, and with the old struts I installed them with a little bit of maths under the bonnet. Notice there's only one. I meant to put the other one on but never got round to it. It's a bit sketchy when it's windy but otherwise it's as strong as houses.