K11 Battery/Audio Problem

C

coopsweb

Hi All,

Installed a new CD Headunit in my '96 K11 Vibe, then went on holiday - so the car wasn't used for a while. Anyhew - I get back to discover that my Dad has helpfully 'borrowed' the battery from my car when he was having trouble with his motor, it's now back in the Micra, but for some reason I no-longer get the blinking red light on the dashboard centre column, no digital clock on the dash and the CD system doesn't power up.

I take it this is due to him disconnecting the battery - but I can't think of a way to fix it - engine fires up and she drives o.k, just have to drive in silence :glare: (Everything worked fine before I left, btw)

Any ideas?

i agree with "sonic", its possibly a fuse.

when i was installing my sub, the CD player was fine when we started. after installing amp in back and everthing else, when i tryed turning on CD player nothing happened. was dead. i tryed starting the car.....that was fine. all lights worked etc. we thought we had blown the "head unit" (silly thing to think i know lol). anyway after taking it to a "electrical / I.C.E garage" he got his "multi meter reading equipment" and checked headunit. that was fine :) ( i was happy at this point cause it was no cheap head unit lol) anyway he then checked "centre console power" and that was reading "no volts" or something.

anyway what i was trying to say was that i paid "20p for a new fuse" and that fixed the problem :)
hope that helps "coopwebs"
napster

After much worrying and wondering how much this was going to cost me - it was indeed the Audio fuse. Can't think why it would have gone on replacing the battery, but I suppose it's just one of those things...

Many Thanks Everyone for pointing me in the right direction.

Back