K11 back seat

Evening all

I've just been looking through an old copy of Autocar at an early K11 road test in 1992. The feature that struck me (apart from how staggeringly well it did in the test) was that the back seat appears to fold differently to ours (ours is a 1998 Equation).

The backseat base (the bit your bum goes on) appears to lift & fold forward, with the backrest then dropping/folding into the space created, thus giving a flat floor. On ours the backrest just folds forward onto the base, meaning the floor slopes upward.

Is this more sensible but complex folding arrangement just a feature of the very early ones or was it reserved later for the higher spec' ones than our Equation?

Cheers
Dave :grinning:
:msc::k11motors

frank

Club Member
it just depends on model eh dave, you can fit the folding ones (tho the threads/captive nuts in the heelboard are,nt there on mine)

OP
OP
M
Cheers for the replies all (Y)

Looks like it might just have been an early model feature that maybe was discontinued when they were facelifted.

Perhaps it saved Nissan a few quid to have a simpler mechanism :laugh:

Dave

Looks like it might just have been an early model feature that maybe was discontinued when they were facelifted.

Perhaps it saved Nissan a few quid to have a simpler mechanism :laugh:

Thats about the size of it. I'm pretty sure a retrofit can be done, or a swap of the bases into the existing seat.