K11 Automatic Gear Selector - Can It Be Modified?

Before anyone says anything, I know automatics are pathetic. And I know I'm never going to be able to make it go fast. But this is what I'm stuck with (I have a learning difficulty that makes manual driving impractical), and I still want to pimp my whip!

So, my question is: does anybody know if it is possible to modify the gear selector in the old K11 CVT models, either through DIY or by using something like a Sickspeed kit? I want to remove the rather plain-looking stock lever, and stick a whacking great 8-ball or something in its place. Or something similarly subtle, tasteful and understated.

It would be a simple enough job in a manual, but automatics tend to be idiosyncratic. Thanks in advance!

-MT

Auto's are good kit buddy, had loads of them :)
Take the top off the lever and see how it works, just copy that into whatever object you want I would think.

You an get different auto select stick shifts from Japan, the JDM March AK11 NCVT had different styles offered as optional extras! B-)

I love our auto but I've always hated the selector lever it's just stupidly tall. It's not too bad from the drivers seat but the passenger really finds it a pain it's really easy to knock accidentally.
If it had been made 3 inches shorter it would've been loads better & looked cooler ;)

OP
OP
mad_turk
Thanks for the encouragement, lads! I'm going to investigate my options. If I figure something out, I'll be sure to take lots of pics and post a walkthrough or something.

I love our auto but I've always hated the selector lever it's just stupidly tall. *snip*
If it had been made 3 inches shorter it would've been loads better & looked cooler ;)

Yeah, that's what I'm aiming for! Practicality is nice, but you can't beat something that looks cool.

You an get different auto select stick shifts from Japan, the JDM March AK11 NCVT had different styles offered as optional extras! B-)

If OEM gear exists, I can probably get my hands on it. Whether I can afford it is another matter! I'll have a look around.

Auto's are good kit buddy, had loads of them :)

I know that, but you haven't heard the chorus of derision from my mates! Although they all own Corsas, so it's not as if they're qualified to talk about taste.

Thanks for the encouragement, lads! I'm going to investigate my options. If I figure something out, I'll be sure to take lots of pics and post a walkthrough or something.

Yeah, that's what I'm aiming for! Practicality is nice, but you can't beat something that looks cool.

If OEM gear exists, I can probably get my hands on it. Whether I can afford it is another matter! I'll have a look around.

I know that, but you haven't heard the chorus of derision from my mates! Although they all own Corsas, so it's not as if they're qualified to talk about taste.
Let them laugh - you have by far the better piece of kit.