K11 Audio wiring

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Spurred on by finding the NSF speaker is dead (rather than just the fractured cable through the door jam I though it would be) I'm considering upgrading my ICE a bit. I have an old cassette head unit that I'm going to use because it has an audio in socket to run my mp3 player through (I generally listen to that or the radio in car). This head has had the iso connector removed from when it was fitted in my old merc. So I am going to need to hard wire the stereo into the car, which means I need to identify the wires in the car (I already know which is which on the head as I have a habit of writing the wires on the casing when i remove an iso connector).

So far I have this, is it correct. I was flying blind because I couldn't find my multi-meter, so all I could do was check supply from the speaker outputs with a fly lead and old speaker.

Speaker Connections

Front Left +tve = Blue (brown dot) -tve = Black/White (brown dot)
Front Right +tve = Brown (blue dot) -tve = Black/Red (brown dot)

Not active on the Factory Blaupunkt, but I cant see what else they could be in the loom, confusingly they have a plug that connects them to the head, but the head does not seem to be proving a output. Of couse the left and right could also be the other way round.

Rear Left ????? +tve = Red/Yellow (blue dot) -tve = Black/Yellow (brown dot)

Rear Right ????? +tve = Red/Black (blue dot) -tve = Black/Pink (brown dot)

The two Reds are presumably the power supply from the fuse box (Red/Black ???) and the low current switching supply from the ignition (Red/Blue ???)

The remaining wire is Blue Black, is this a remote switch for ariel or amp, or is it an earth? I think the head also earths to the car through the casing mounts.

If you could fill in my not sures/unknowns I would be most gratefull.

Cheers, Mark.

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Dunno if this'll help
k11.jpg

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I'm guessing Ollie that thats a conversion for micra wirering to "standard" iso connections, but I havn't checked it out further.

Has anybody got a more definative answer for what the wires are. I really can't believe everybody on here has just pluged and played with an iso adaptor of some sort.

Micra_Mamp

Ex. Club Member
when i bought my first radio i cut all my wires and wired them up seperately to the radio, this wasn't 100% and my speakers used to buzz

after buying a new radio i decided to buy an iso adaper and do it the proper way, works perfectly now

i'll see what my haynes manual says about wire colours if you still need it?

Ok, im going to install a new stereo into my 1998 k11.
I have a antenna adaptor.
But would like some info about wiring harnesses. As my micra is a 2 speaker, do i need a PC2-77-4 or a PC2-13-4??
Thanks Jord

Ok, im going to install a new stereo into my 1998 k11.
I have a antenna adaptor.
But would like some info about wiring harnesses. As my micra is a 2 speaker, do i need a PC2-77-4 or a PC2-13-4??
Thanks Jord

K11 micras have the rear speaker wiring in place, even if they only have 2 speakers - the connector is just behind the driver's side tailight if you ever want to install rear speakers. I'm no expert, but i think the harness i've used in the past was a PC2-13-4, and you'd definitely want a harness for 4 speakers.