K11 as a night event car

swsupermot

Club Member (Trial)
Building a super s to do a local night event, did have bike carb to go on but can't under the rules so looked for a bigger throttle body but there's so many different threads with different answers. Basicly what car can I get the bits off and what do I need, I would prefer a complete car as I am after a master cylinder as I fitted gtir calliper and there's a bit to much travel, now thinking of 4 pot bramble so it will be worse. Also looking dot other tuning, suspension and safety bids. Thanks

Scott

My name is Scott
Site Supporter
Almera stuff. Throttle body is bigger and so is airbox and injectors.

Along with a decent filter, exhaust, cams and a remap!

Sparcoxs

Buy & Sell Member
Where abouts are you based? Simple advice would be take the car out standard to begin with would be my advice. I've rallied a standard one before and I've finished 8th and 5th O/a on events and won the best U/1400 award hands down. Was even 2nd O/a on one event untill I ran out of talent. Chances are the places you'll be "dropping" time will be tight and twisty and Micra's are very nice and nimble to cope with them. Final drive and gear ratios are the first thing you would need to improve before going for more power on road rallies.

Would also seriously advise you buying a cage.It might only be a road rally but you never know what can happen.

OP
OP
S

swsupermot

Club Member (Trial)
Super s

Where abouts are you based? Simple advice would be take the car out standard to begin with would be my advice. I've rallied a standard one before and I've finished 8th and 5th O/a on events and won the best U/1400 award hands down. Was even 2nd O/a on one event untill I ran out of talent. Chances are the places you'll be "dropping" time will be tight and twisty and Micra's are very nice and nimble to cope with them. Final drive and gear ratios are the first thing you would need to improve before going for more power on road rallies.
Will make the cage as the car is used every day so need it to be usable, what gears, diff do you advise.

Would also seriously advise you buying a cage.It might only be a road rally but you never know what can happen.
Will make the cage as the car is used every day so needs to be usable, what gears, diff do you advise

Sparcoxs

Buy & Sell Member
Not sure what gear kits are available without spending stupid money.

Some of the 1000cc gearboxes have a 4:4 CWP which helps a little bit I found but then there's is the 5:1 CWP as well but your looking at quite a bit of money really for a brand new one.

An ATB slip differential would also make the world of difference especially if you have rallies with a lot of whites and so on. Some people find a plated diff too aggressive for road rallies but it's all perference.