k11 2001 to 99 rear wiper motor swap

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Hey, guys

The construction of my rear wiper motor does not allow to be modified, unfortunately:glare:. To be able to get my wiper horizontal, I'd have to change the motor for the newer model that was shown in the DIY section. Do you know if those motors are straight swap or I'd have to adapt it?

Appreciate any help... thanks

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

That's picture of it:
p1080774.jpg

I've checked today my mate's 00 Micra which has the newer model. It has a different mounting and the construction of the boot lid is different. Does any one have an idea if mine is a K10 model and is it possible to replace it with newer model at all... :suspect:

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
aye man i saw 2002 with horizontal sitting wiper
that might be made to fit?get the wiring right and done
k11 crew

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
2002 model i saw with the flat sitting wiper
that would solve your probs
but wiring may have to be analyzed
and your cars a version of the k11
-a very nice version
sweet

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

That's my wiper motor
10072010003n.jpg

You can open it, no problem
10072010002i.jpg

And here is where it gets rough... The pin can not be moved at all... and I want to rotate it 180 degrees ha-ha, ah
10072010004y.jpg

I've tried to move those metal parts 180 degrees... no chance :(
10072010005w.jpg

Sooo

No progress so far :down:

Any ideas?

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

2002 model i saw with the flat sitting wiper
that would solve your probs
but wiring may have to be analyzed
and your cars a version of the k11
-a very nice version
sweet

The wiring would not be the problem, it's the mounting of a newer model motor on an old model boot lid... :(

That's my wiper motor
10072010003n.jpg

You can open it, no problem
10072010002i.jpg

And here is where it gets rough... The pin can not be moved at all... and I want to rotate it 180 degrees ha-ha, ah
10072010004y.jpg

I've tried to move those metal parts 180 degrees... no chance :(
10072010005w.jpg

Sooo

No progress so far :down:

Any ideas?

Hi
Just spotted this post, May i ask why The metal contacts "can't" be moved around 180 ?
I ask because i have just done mine, mine is the other model however someone else said that couldn't be done.

Malc

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Yes, the other model is OK, you can mod it with no prob. Mine... you can't unfortunately The metal part are "sealed" in a way you can not move, believe me I tried and I did not give up easily :)

I'm glad you've done yours though :)

I see, I guess you have tried to "PRESS" the metalwork with the driving pin out then turning it 180 and "Press" it back in ?
I will have to get hold of one of your type and have a good look, The other motor will definately fit it just uses one mounting hole different from the previous one.
Good luck.

Malcolm

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

I see, I guess you have tried to "PRESS" the metalwork with the driving pin out then turning it 180 and "Press" it back in ?
I will have to get hold of one of your type and have a good look, The other motor will definately fit it just uses one mounting hole different from the previous one.
Good luck.

Malcolm

Press*5 times harder is what I did. :) You can actually see the dents and scratches I've left.

10072010005w.jpg

If I get the newer model, I'd have to DIY a little stand to fix the third mounting hole...

The newer model (with its bracket) should bolt straight to your bootlid, It just uses an alternative mounting hole which is already present in your existing boot.

Malcolm