k11 1.4 brakes

I recently changed my front brakes (K11C 5 door 1348cc (1.4)). Depending on what website I went on, it said I could use vented or solid. I think there was a difference of 4mm in diameter between the two and £40. In the end I went for solid as it had solids on it. With trade card, they were £30 from halfords for discs and pads.

Any noticeable benefit, given the relatively low speeds these cars can go, will be from pad upgrades, braided hoses and a fluid refresh with some quality brake fluid.

You can't put vented on with the solid disc callipers as they won't fit. Some of the later 1.4s had vented but also had wider calipers. You might be able to check by looking through the wheel to see which ones are fitted.

Hi agent smith is correct I have a 2002 (nov)1.4SE and have replaced the worn out solid front discs and pads with a vented disc setup from a 2002 CVT 1.4SE+. My original callipers were not wide enough to take the vented discs so I refurbished the SE+ wider callipers with new seals and a nice new red paint job and uprated pads. There is a bit of increase in braking efficiency but the main thing is there's no more grinding noises and if nothing else the callipers do look sporty as seen through the silver Micra alloys I have on. Next project is to replace the back drums with vented disc's sourced from a 1.3S or another 1.4SE+!

Cheers
Andy