• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

K11 1.3lx, induction kit queries!

henryb102

Ex. Club Member
Hi, Im new to this site, so be gentle!

I recently passed my test, but have owned my Micra for almost a year now, fixing her up and adding a few personal touches to her.

I dont want to sound like your average boy racer, but I recently installed a max power universal induction kit to change the sound, which I must say is much better!! The only worry I have is that there may not be enough cool air getting to it, and was just wondering if theres a few tips nd tricks I can use to trouble shoot this!

I can email pics of where the kit is ( behind engine block) and would be grateful for all your help!!

Cheers, Henry

the filter is sat on top of the throttle body ;)...it doesnt really make a noticebale diffrance if you put a cold air feed pipe from the front of the car to the filter (to let cool air get into the engine) a 90degree bend, and some pipe so the filter sits behind the battery would be better for gains :)

If your car doesn't have power steering you can feed a tube from the front along the side to the filter. another idea I had was to make a duct from the front grill over the engine to let the air pass over it easier but TBH you wont notice that much of a difference.

If your really concerned you could fit an air vent in the middle of your bonnet with a cut out directly in front of the filter. :)

get a direct cold air feed from the front of the car to the filter or relocate the filter simular to this
DSC00364.jpg

Back