K11 1.3 rear anti-roll bar (stability bar) - help needed please!

My anti-roll bar has broken and been removed.
Garage says it must be replaced to pass MOT. Is this correct if some variants never had them?
I'm having difficulty finding one - spares websites are out of stock.
I got one from ebay, which was listed as being compatible with the 1.3i 16V 1275ccm 75HP 55KW (Petrol), but the garage says it's about 5cm too long for my
1.3 1275ccm 73HP 54KW (Petrol). This implies that there are two versions. Is that correct?
stabiltity bar.jpg

Does anybody know the length or have a photo of the correct one please?
Any thoughts on where to find the right one?

Thank you Jorge_EETC
That's an enormous help identifying that part I bought as a panhard bar and I realise that those should be present. I'm not surprised it wouldn't fit in the place of the anti-roll/stability bar.

Must the anti-roll bar also be present? These threads seem to indicate that some specifications of the K11 do not have them:

https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/no-anti-roll-bars.40791/
https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/anti-roll-bar.32616/
https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/k11-rear-anti-roll-bar-info.70600/

Does anyone have a photo of the rear anti-roll / stability bar please? I am having difficulty finding a photo, let alone one for sale!
With a photo, I can might find a breaker with one and can ensure they send the correct part.

Thank you 1275

Does anybody have a photo of a diagram on one from the maintenance manual or the underside of the car with one fitted please?

Somebody who is breaking one up has replied to me and asked.

My anti-roll bar has broken and been removed.
Garage says it must be replaced to pass MOT. Is this correct if some variants never had them?
I'm having difficulty finding one - spares websites are out of stock.
I got one from ebay, which was listed as being compatible with the 1.3i 16V 1275ccm 75HP 55KW (Petrol), but the garage says it's about 5cm too long for my
1.3 1275ccm 73HP 54KW (Petrol). This implies that there are two versions. Is that correct?
View attachment 72991
Does anybody know the length or have a photo of the correct one please?
Any thoughts on where to find the right one?
Hi my friend my Micra is a Nissan Micra tempest 998 year 2002. There is no front anti-roll bars and no rear. The car came like that. I've just passed mot with no questions about anti-roll bars. I have read quite a few times not all k11 where fitted with them I was going to fit one to the front of mine but there was no bolts holes in the floor pan tony

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
You're right some models did not have an anti-roll bar fitted, and not having one is certainly not a reason to fail an MOT.

I believe the new MOT system tells the tester if one was fitted from the factory and if it's not present it's a fail, not sure of the logic behind it but caught me out a few years ago.

Many thanks for everybody's help on this - much appreciated.
Some learning points:
If you need a Micra part and can't see one on here, it is worth contacting member Matt Humpris to see if he has one you can buy new or second hand. He publishes his details on here as: www.humphrisoxford.co.uk + 44 7778 838 927 or drop an email [email protected]

The other strategy is to search ebay for "Nissan Micra K11 breaking" and contact the sellers to see if they have the part.

Hi I'm an MOT tester. Technically speaking it's a fail due to missing suspension component. However theres nothing to tell the tester your car had one so it would have to be judged on if the mounting points are there