K11 1.3 Exhaust questions

I'm right in thinking that the 1.0l mid pipe from cat to b/box has no silencer in it yes? - so that being the case, fitting such a think would increase the volume of the exhaust?

Sorry if this sounds daft, but were there any k11's without a second Cat?

some midpipe,s have a cherry bomb type silencer in (depending what model and make) and the coilpack k11,s have only the primary cat (and a longer midpipe to suit) :)

some midpipe,s have a cherry bomb type silencer in (depending what model and make) and the coilpack k11,s have only the primary cat (and a longer midpipe to suit) :)

hmmmm - interesting.

Mine has the cherrybomb type you described - may have to hunt down one that just has the piping ;)

Attachments

• muffler-cutopen1.jpg
    muffler-cutopen1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,217
My biggest problem at the mo, is that despite the gorgeous job Rebel Power Pipes did on my back box, I've been driving around with the same sound since april now - and I want louder! :-D

My biggest problem at the mo, is that despite the gorgeous job Rebel Power Pipes did on my back box, I've been driving around with the same sound since april now - and I want louder! :-D

a coilpack 1.0 midpipe will 2nd decat it then (making it louder), and it may have no silencer too eh :cool:

would the manifold and rest of the Exhaust system from a 1.3 super s fit a 1.0 engine?
just wondering as need to swap mine over and wasnt to sure

all the exhaust system is the same...most k11 centre sections have silancers in, but they ddont make any noise diffreance with or without standard silancers.

the only change in volume is if you de-cat it. or go for bigger size pipe i.e 2''.

the 1.3 centre section has a resonating chamber, there's no baffles in it so it's not a silencer. if you put a 1.0 centre section on it'll hardly make a difference.
the '00-'02 coilpack micras didn't have a centre cat, iirc the centre section is longer to meet up with the frontpipe, so in theory it should fit and remove the centre cat. that's presuming the front pipe is the same length and flange as yours though?

Attachments

• silencer.jpg
    silencer.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 517
a coilpack 1.0 midpipe will 2nd decat it then (making it louder), and it may have no silencer too eh :cool:

Sorry about the delay in this - been trying to source one of these, but a lot of the companys that are quoting me are talking about £80!

Does anyone have a part number for it, or is there any way I can look it up? (used to use the FIAT EPER online for part numbers for my last car - is there a nissan equivelant?)...

Back