K11 1.0 Water pump belt change

Hi guys, I have a 1.0 16v K11 with no power steering, I was trying to change the belt for the water pump, but could not loosen the belt tensioner to slide the belt off.

I removed the belt from the alternator, but could not get the tensioner at the water pump to move, I loosened up the screw (12mm) all the way but the tensioner will not move. Is there another screw maybe or some kind of trick to loosen the water pump belt, the belt has to be changed

Thank you guys for any advice you can give me

I was going to adjust the tension on my water pump belt this weekend...but the Haynes manual has it that there are two things to undo: the idler pulley securing bolt - which is just at the end of the idler pulley - and the adjusting screw. What the manual says is to loosen the idler securing bolt first (so that the idler pulley can move I suppose) and then use the adjusting bolt to control its position. The belt deflection at midpoint between the idler and water pump pulleys should be 2.8-3.2mm (Haynes)
But I have yet to do this...

You have to loosen the idler bolt first. That's the one right on the front of the idler. Only then can you turn the 12mm adjuster. I dare say you will need to remove the assembly and bend it back into shape if you've wound out that adjuster bolt without loosening the idler.

Back