K11 1.0 manual gearbox

SteveG

Intake n exhaust almost done, suspension next :)
I think my gearbox is on its way out (reverse often won't engage 2 out of 3 times, rarely a forward gear won't engage, the centre return spring isn't there anymore, it always has a seeping of oil, and lately the rolling/rumble sound with the clutch engaged has increased so I guess a bearing is shot). Having my car MOTd today and I asked them to have a look/listen to the gearbox and they reckon it'd be best for me to source a replacement in the near future and they'll fit it.

I live in Swinton, Manchester, so if anyone's got one within a reasonable (~1 hour radius) distance, that would be preferable so I can come pick it up rather than pay through the nose for shipping.

k11si

Buy & Sell Member
Hi @SteveG

don`t know if you got sorted on this,but i have a 2001(if it`s the same box?) sat in the back garden,has a good box but it`s still in,£20 if you come and take it out mate,`i` have a jack and stands,pair of hands and tea.
South Leeds,1 min off the motorway.

PM me for details.

BR,

Si.

OP
OP
SteveG

SteveG

Intake n exhaust almost done, suspension next :)
Cheers for the offer Si but I've not done a gearbox removal before (was going to just get the local garage to do it) so you'd probably end up with oil all over your garden and smashed hands lol.

After paying a lot more attention to the gearbox noise and changes, it seems to change ok, but sounds like driveshaft noise (from the frequency) so I might have a go at getting some bearings and fixing the current box... will defo give you a shout if I open it up and find it's knackered :)

k11si

Buy & Sell Member
Have a go at it,they are pretty easy to do if you take your time,i nicked the driveshafts out of this one for my 52 plate ,so there isn`t any oil in it anyway.
But it`s here if you need it.
Just trying to sort a sellers payment up with MSC so i don`t get tripped up on selling stuff.
:)