K11 1.0 Coilpack Hunting on idle

Hi guys, been a while since i've been back on here!

Got hold of a K11 coilpack for a cheap daily (never dealt with the CGA much) and its gradually gotten worse and worse to the point now its hunting on idle from about 500rpm to 2000rpm!

MAF sensor was supposedly replaced last year & there's no obviously vac leaks, are the coilpacks prone to a common fault causing this?

Il get the multi meter out but thought id ask the experts if there's something obvious im missing! :)

frank

Club Member
the coilpack engines should run fine with the maf disconnected paul, so i would guess that you have a sensor down somewhere.
i think they use the tps and rpm and maf to calculate engine load, and can get by ok with 1 of those 3 sensors down, but wont run with 2 of them down.
either that or an idle control valve issue ?

the coilpack engines should run fine with the maf disconnected paul, so i would guess that you have a sensor down somewhere.
i think they use the tps and rpm and maf to calculate engine load, and can get by ok with 1 of those 3 sensors down, but wont run with 2 of them down.
either that or an idle control valve issue ?

Thanks Frank, it does seem to run rich constantly now (real strong smell of fuel on start up) il get the multi meter on the cam sensor / MAF / TPS !

The idle control im thinking is the at the back of the TB?

Either that or il try and track a know working TB down!

They're a pwm iacv on the coilpacks instead of the older stepper. They do stick if unused for a while. A little wd40 or 3in1 usually works.
43678565812_e2a92f8da5_c.jpg

Have you checked the coilpacks for any that are down, or for any intake side airleaks.
Also you can use the obdll port and Torque app to see the coolant temp, tps, maf flow, and load.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Last edited: