K10 Write off Value

A

andrewb150

Just wondered if anyone knew the approximate write-off value the insurance comapny would give for a

1989 GSX 1.2 5dr

or any K10 of the same'ish age.

Cheers

Andy

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Depends who your with. I'm with Tesco's and they wouldn't let me put less than £1000!! Even tho it's not worth that. Then again it's a plain original at the mo.

Is your's modded or anything coz that'll make a diff?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Yeah im with Tesco too. The online policy's minimum was 1000 but when i got the documentation through, they'd changed it to Market Value!

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Arnold said:
Yeah im with Tesco too. The online policy's minimum was 1000 but when i got the documentation through, they'd changed it to Market Value!

Oooh!! I haven't really read the paperwork it's a tad borin!!

S

squigbobble

Arnold said:
Yep, regardless of the insured value, they'll only cough up the market value unless the insured one is lower, in which case they might cough up that instead.

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Go on e-bay and have a look at how much your model is goin for. That'll be the best way to find out the market value.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Probably around £300-400. My old E-plate was valued at £250, but it was in a tatty state. - this was also about 3 years ago.

Ed

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Mark said:
ebay is a bad place to value your car. look on autotrader

Will have to disagree there i'm afraid.
Auto trader, as i understand it, ask's for what u want for the car not what it's worth.

James

Chairman
Maybe so, but very often auctions end at the price people are willing to pay for them, not the price the owner (who is attached to the car) says its worth.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Agreed, as much as i'd like 5 grand for my car, i doubt it would get a tenth of that if it came to claming on it.

Ems

Ex. Club Member
James said:
Maybe so, but very often auctions end at the price people are willing to pay for them, not the price the owner (who is attached to the car) says its worth.

Yeah someone gets my point!!!!

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Trouble is ebay is a bad place to sell cars. The best bet is local papers. REAL life prices. Ebay is too variable.

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
althought saying that when i ensured my car (over the relic know as the phone) they asked the value of the car and i said £800 which is what i feel given the model the car is worth. so ill be getting £800 smackers minus my £100 excess or was it £50............. :D who cares lol

O

ohc_turbo

i had a problem when some git stole my sunny zx 1.8 hatch, when i phoned them up they would only give me the market value for the car which was something stoopid like £400 minus my excess which was somethink stoopid like £150 which left me £250, i had a go at them saying like really youre only giving me £250 fro the car and they said if you could prove that our market value was wrong we would up the payout, i think i had to get at least 3 examples, same year same engine etc. etc. trouble is that sunny zxes dont come up that often so i got a bum deal on it

i would say you would get top wack £500 - excess