K10 with snapped cambelt help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a k10 on ebay that had the cambelt snapped. It has been since replaced but there is a damage to the valves? What would be the easiest think to do?
Take the head of see it there is any damage to the pistons. New gasket, Swap the whole cylinder head for new one and then just put it all together? thanks

Anyone?
Is there a difference in the heads. 1l to 1.2 or early versions to the late ones? Basically will any head fit?

frank

Club Member
just different shaped ports iirc george (i believe the high comp 1.0,s had swirl inlet ports)
and i,ve straightened the valves on a few snapped belt cars :) (in situe, with a penny or 2 under the contact point)

just different shaped ports iirc george (i believe the high comp 1.0,s had swirl inlet ports)
and i,ve straightened the valves on a few snapped belt cars :) (in situe, with a penny or 2 under the contact point)
Ok mate, with the prices of k10 head I might aswell swap it. Much easier for me. Hope the cylinders are ok.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Heads are different. You need a 1.0 or you'll have a drop in performance.

frank

Club Member
bear in mind that haynes says that the 4 speed 1.0 was lower compression than the 5 speed 1.0 george :)

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Heads are perfectly interchangeable however.

You don't say if its a 1.0 or a 1.2
All Micras bend valves when the belt fails.
The heads are interchangeable but the 1.2 is by far the better head performance wise.
Compression differences between the 1.0 LC, 1.0HC and 1.2 were all achieved by varying the size of the piston bowl.
You must not straighten MIcra valves, they will almost certainly snap in service wrecking the engine.
The valves are identical on the 1.0 and 1.2 engines so are interchangeable.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Hi Dave, My name is Ed btw, please feel free to use it.
I have a 1.0 head and 1.2 head sitting at my workshop there are quite a lot of small differences between years/models. Even down to the swirls cast into the intake ports on the head. The MA09 head is also different. Can take pic's if you want.

Ed, Yes there are small differences and quite a number of total variants but the 1.0 and 1.2 heads remain fundamnetally different. The MA09 is different again but IMO should be left alone for genuine MA09 engines which as we all know are now very rare.
The best 1.2 head has 18B cast onto it, the lesser 31B. The 18B head came off the last of the 1.2 engines fitted with a cat.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
MA09 heads are ok, some get cracks between inlet and exhaust at +200bhp though.

Status
Not open for further replies.