K10 weight differences (3-door vs 5-door)

JustJobe

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys.

Ive run into some conflicting information on this.
Tried my luck searching the threads here as well, but have no definite info.

I had initially done a conversion on a 5-door K10. My choice was based more on convenience at that time than anything.

Right now i have the chance to also grab a 3-door K10 ST to mess around with as well.

I know the 3-door K10s are lighter, but does anyone have any precise info on their expected curb weights?

Would be much appreciated :)

-e-

Micra 110

Site Supporter
Not quite sure of weights for different Vehicles but i'm assuming they would be somewhere between 675Kg and 770Kg as below.

Maybe someone would like to elaborate?

Nissan K10 1.0L 3 Door SuperTurbo = 770 KG

K10 1.2L 3 Door Manual = 630KG to 710KG
K10 1.2L 3 Door Automatic = 675KG to 740KG
K10 1.2L 5 Door Manual = 705KG to 725KG

??????????????? o_O

OP
OP
J

JustJobe

Ex. Club Member
Hmm,

Hopefully if alls well, it will all be in lower to mid 700 kilos.

I do believe my original engine was a 980cc. My documents register it as a 1.0L, and ive not been able to get exact info on the curb weight of that model.

-e-

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
If you can get hold of an ST, go for it! The additional power will soon outweight the additional weight on the car, and it's probably only heavier as you have the intercooler & other accessories normal K10's don't have.

OP
OP
J

JustJobe

Ex. Club Member
Woo.

Thanks Arnold. I am actually running an ST engine at the moment. But it was mounted onto a 5-door 1.0L K10 body.

You can see it at : http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=22597

Just wondering what kinna weight loss im looking at if i was gonna do up a 3-door :)

While were on that, does anyone know if the K10ET came with only 3-door, or did they have a 5-door model?

-e-

not sure if this is helpfull or not but I had my 1.0 3 dr on a weigh bridge a few weeks ago (K10 1.0 Super <not a super S>)...so no airconditioning, power steering mods etc.....but there is a rear windscreen wiper and two wing mirrors

..I was NOT in the car for the measurement (I weigh 100Kg)

The instrument was waving between 690Kg and 700Kg due to the wind blowing on the car..

- Rear seat & seatbelts removed (-13Kg ?)
- Spare wheel removed (-15Kg?)
- Only about 5 liters of fuel left in tank (-35Kg ?)
+ full oil (+3Kg ?)
+ full wash bottle (+3Kg ?)
+ full coolant (+3Kg ?)
+ full stainless steel exhaust and stainless steel 4 branch manifold (+ 5Kg ?)
+ glass sunroof (+3Kg ?)
+ 1/4 full nitrous bottle (+9Kg ?)

So if the weights that I've estimated for the above list are any where near, then I reccon with a full tank of fuel It would be about

837Kg ?

I guess each door must weigh about 15 - 20 Kg each but body work to replace doors would probably put about 5 - 10Kg back on...(Im really guessing now) so may be a saving of around 10 to 30 Kg moving to 3 door with the same accessories? this is a similar difference to full or empty tank of fuel

sorry this post came thro blank proper message below
not sure if this is helpfull or not but I had my 1.0 3 dr on a weigh bridge a few weeks ago (K10 1.0 Super <not a super S>)...so no airconditioning, power steering mods etc.....but there is a rear windscreen wiper and two wing mirrors

..I was NOT in the car for the measurement (I weigh 100Kg)

The instrument was waving between 690Kg and 700Kg due to the wind blowing on the car..

- Rear seat & seatbelts removed (-13Kg ?)
- Spare wheel removed (-15Kg?)
- Only about 5 liters of fuel left in tank (-35Kg ?)
+ full oil (+3Kg ?)
+ full wash bottle (+3Kg ?)
+ full coolant (+3Kg ?)
+ full stainless steel exhaust and stainless steel 4 branch manifold (+ 5Kg ?)
+ glass sunroof (+3Kg ?)
+ 1/4 full nitrous bottle (+9Kg ?)

So if the weights that I've estimated for the above list are any where near, then I reccon with a full tank of fuel It would be about

837Kg ?

I guess each door must weigh about 15 - 20 Kg each but body work to replace doors would probably put about 5 - 10Kg back on...(Im really guessing now) so may be a saving of around 10 to 30 Kg moving to 3 door with the same accessories? this is a similar difference to full or empty tank of fuel

Hi I know this is an old thread but was the car weighed without the itwems you have listed to get it to that weight ? as need a tow car for behind my camper and must be under 750 kilo so as not needing brakes fitting cheers