K10 Urgent help needed 0o

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Ok, today my K10 SS has started giving some serious problems mainly electrical:

Engine idles at 2000 rpm even when warm
When i switch on ignition no lights come on at all but when i start the car the battery warning light comes on very faintly, the temperature and fuel gauges are stuck on nothing, the rev gauge works, but if you put on the handbrake the handbrake light comes on (dimly) the battery light brightens but only slightly and the revgauge stops working.
The indicators don't work but the hazards do, however everything seems to have plenty of power lights dim when the engine is turned off so it must be producing some charge, and the dash light that indicates the heated rear window works fine and at full brightness.

What ive done today is change the oil (but it worked fine for a few drives after that) so maybe i knocked something loose... But as it worked fine afterwards maybe not.

The problems all started after, i started the car and didn't give it enough throttle so it died but i tried to start it again and the starter motor gave that awful grinding noise it makes if the engine is still turning. And thats when it started.

I'm at a total loss at what it could be, the central locking is still fine and so most stuff. It just seems to be the engine related stuff.

Fixed, i can't believe that one 10A fuse could cause all those problems!
Shoulda checked the fuses straight away...

Back