K10 Top speed,

Mark

Ex. Club Member
Just wanted to ask the question of what top speed can peoples k10's do?

I went to Hixon Airfield with a few other cars and managed to crack just over 100mph on a flat with just me in the car,

car runs on 15" wheels....

do have a video but cant attach 3gp files?

Pete

Site Supporter
indicated top speed in a K10 goes well over the tonne surely? I've seen them all the way round, you'd have thought your 15's would speed you up, but then again they are probably distorting your already inaccurate reading. you'd need to borrow a GPS system, tho that is pretty disheartening when you realise how innacurate speedo's really are.

Jack

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
following my mates evo his clock read 114mph this was in my old 1.0 :D, ive managed to get the super s off the clock downhill :p he he so i can assume it was 100mph or over

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
MA12:) said:
indicated top speed in a K10 goes well over the tonne surely? I've seen them all the way round, you'd have thought your 15's would speed you up, but then again they are probably distorting your already inaccurate reading. you'd need to borrow a GPS system, tho that is pretty disheartening when you realise how innacurate speedo's really are.

Jack

when driving back from stockton on 13" the gps indictaed my speedo was out by 10mph ;) so when doing 92 was actually 82, aprently motor bike speedo's are the most acurate so get a mate with a bike to follow you :p

Andrew

Club Member
Most speedos seem to read about 10mph out at 100mph. Only accurate way of telling is by using a GPS. Relying on someone following you with a more accurate speedo is too prone to error.

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
K10 speed at 100mph in real terms is 92/93mph.

I had two readings via gps on road pilot and road angel units.

my k10 achieved 112 on gps.

Kev

I got max 90mph (from speedo) with my 1.0 DX and with my other Micra it was something like 110-115mph (calculated from revs, tire size and transmission ratios) and still accelerating pretty well, but I was approaching a curve and had to slow down

OP
OP
Mark

Mark

Ex. Club Member
should be a lot more when i get my inlet manifold and cam fitted :)

Attachments

• Image024.jpg
    Image024.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 326
  • Video001.3gp
    213 KB · Views: 316
bounce the needle off the endstop just like in marks' foto, flat road , windows and sunroof CLOSED (private closed road ofcourse)...but then i realised I was on budget tyres so slowed down!!!!...standard wheels & car etc was wearing chubby headfones at the time ...took them off at the end stop and tha car sounded like a sewing machine maxing out...hehe

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
take the silencers of and it sounds like an old war plane zzzzrrrzzrrzrrrommmmmmmmm

first hand knoledge nice flames and pops on downshifts

kristian

One Way Mule
Had my 1.0 K10 of the clock .. got a pic too... 100+ mph... prob about 95 id guess...

Put it this way... The tacho on my K11 read up to 120mph... When it was on the rolling road It was WAY off the clock when the car hit the limiter...

The Rolling road printout gave the car a top speed of 117mph.. limited..

Id say 10mph falsereading.. per 100mph is about accurate

MICRASKYLINE

Ex. Club Member
Was on it with my K10 1.0 Super tonight!!! Got my Road Angel hooked up.

Speedo was at 75mph and Road Angel speed was 71mph

Started to shake a bit so backed off!!!

TJW

Ex. Club Member
I had my first micra van at 100mph in 3rd gear and when i put it into 4th i got 115mph out of it ( had my mate in his golf beside me cause he wouldn't believe that it would do the clock he was shocked wen it did over it). It was a 1990 micra L van with wit 13" alloys tire size 175/70/13 and a very big & loud sports exhaust , and the springs had been cut to lower it aswell. I thought the van was gonna fall apart it was shakin that much.

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
I clocked my 1.2 k10 many a time, clock read about 103, possibly more... this was on a flat surface with 4 people in the car running on 13's
The car didnt shake at all, was very smooth the whole way btw

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
ST Will do around 130 or so. It takes it about 14 seconds to reach 100mph

O

ohc_turbo

now have changed to a ma12 and i can get 90mph easy out of it but struggles above this figure, i thing it was about 90mph@4500. this might be a true speed for a ma12 powered k10

R

Rusty

Downhill my MA12 will reach the trip-reset pin. I gotta say it doesn't bounce off the needle like some people say(?!) it just stays there.

Thing that gets me annoyed is the uphills (I commute every day on a dual carriageway that is very uphill sometimes). Whilst the MA12 is fairly nippy, acceleration from 70+ on an uphill isn't good compared to other things. I just hate overtaking a car that is doing about 70mph in the nearside lane - then you hit a hill and you have to pull in behind it. :(

Rhys