k10 super s kit, weber, maybe more...

alexv

Club Member (Trial)
firstly if this thread breaks any rules on selling then sorry, mods can do as they need to correct it.

basically come september the fate of the micRAT will be decided, and its looking like a track car. so the kit is to be up for sale, by all means we can arrange a deal now but it will only be off the car IN SEPTEMBER.

i am accepting offers on the kit, as a whole (bumpers, arches, skirts and spoiler, all finished in gloss black rattle-can, not the greatest of finishes but check the pics....) please PM me, the worst that can happen is il say no. bear in mind that i paid over £100 so wont realy be looking for less.

or if you wish to request a part or parts and enough interest is made to sell the whole thing seperatly then by all means do so. again offers in a PM.

pictures of kit on the car can be found here
you can aslo request any pictures but remember its staying on till september.

WEBER 34ich CARB
i also have a Weber 34ich carb with custom adapter plate for the k10.
now i have only held this onto the manifold and can see a minor issue with the throttle cable lever just catching a bolt at over half throttle, this does seem easily fixed by a bit of grinding/filing but i can not say for sure. was sold to be as not running and i havnt had it near a running engine. also requires a manual choke cable.
didnt cost much, not asking for much.
pictures can be requested....or google it?
£6 plus postage

13inch steels. just two of them. decent tyres from memory, off a k11.
offers? collection only

anyone want to make me an offer on the roof rack :p , by all means do, i doubt it will help on a track, can come with or without trolley.

or anything else in the blog u like the look of, the buckets i doubt will be sold.
may add more once i looked in the garage.

based in london so collection also an option.

thanks(Y)

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

oh and you want to make me an offer on the whole car......(dont know why you would)........ go for it, owes me at least 500 once the new anti-roll bars go on next week so yeah have a go, will make me smile at least.lol

OP
OP
A

alexv

Club Member (Trial)
UPDATE

the carb adaptor plate has now been sold.

the carb itself is still up for grabs if anyone wants a go?

and no intrest yet in the kit so unless an offer is made for the whole set then dibs to superls on the arches.

thanks

OP
OP
A

alexv

Club Member (Trial)
i guess £10 inc postage will do realy. i got sent it for £6.50 postage i think so yeah why not, havnt checked how much it will be but cant be that bad.
cant give you any garuntee whether its going to work though as i bought it knowing its not ran on a micra and never got the chance myself to try get it running. but by all means have a go, i know imp124 will hopefully have one running soon so it might be a decent lil carb if fixed, just havnt the time or funds right now to try myself.
hope that helps

nexussteve

The reason you're happy!
I'd be interested in the Kit (as it's black)

(Don't worry superls - you'd get the arch extensions!!)

How good is the paint job really? Pics on blog don't help much!

OP
OP
A

alexv

Club Member (Trial)
well i gave it a quick sand and at least two layers of rattlecan gloss black, no laquer. there are a few drips and bits where you can see the spray marks but nothing is noticable unless you proper look. will try get some close ups in a minute.
the kit was damaged when i bought it, a scrape on the front corner and down one arch i beleive, and a dent in the back, also the spoiler has a crack on the underside in the centre due to a porsche.
il get some pics to show it all as best i can but apologies for the camera phone.

OP
OP
A

alexv

Club Member (Trial)
also the mounting points on the skirts, some are broken, now there are about 8 down the side and if i remember correctly each have about four left, this doesnt in any way affect how stable the skirts are on the car, they dont move at all.
this kit was salvaged from a scrapyard so its not perfect but by no means does it look tatty, with another spray of paint and coat of laquer it will look new.

best pics i could do....
rear bumper
scratch on left corner
31072009561.jpg

dents in plastic
31072009556.jpg

right corner
31072009557.jpg

arches
rear right hand side
31072009565.jpg

rear left hand side
31072009560.jpg

drips on skirt
31072009559.jpg

front bumper
31072009558.jpg

chipped paint from making my grille
31072009562.jpg

and the lights will come with, these are ring driving lights bought from halfords for 19.99
no wiring as this will be needed for another project.
31072009563.jpg

crack in spoiler
31072009567.jpg

it wasnt realy that bad when i go it, but filled and stuck it more with plastic weld, the same stuff i used to glue my boot handle on, its strong, probably the stronger than the plastic itself.

all pictures were taken while the car is dirty and in harsh sunlight so might have a few marks here n there but will be just dirt or glare.

hope the pics help

OP
OP
A

alexv

Club Member (Trial)
bump

hope the pics dont put anyone off, remeber the kit is old and very hard to come by, on the car it looks great and all the little imperfections shown are only minor, with it all cleaned up and on a car it looks great.

come september i will need this sold as ive recently been told my scholarship is now non existent and the student loans company no longer like me.

may be the only super s kit on sale for a very long time

thanks

OP
OP
A

alexv

Club Member (Trial)
BUMP

no worries then, but if im honest the kit can be put strait on a another car and the cosmetics wont be noticed , i only pictured the worst bits as i dont want anyone being disapointed. from my other pics none of it is noticable and they realy are minor bearing in mind the age of the car.

if you look in the blog there is a teaser pic of the k11 i picked up, everything off that will be getting sold aswel soon but keeping bits hopefully for a cg13 conversion into the k10.

thanks