K10 Spring Tensions/Stiffness

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Ive noticed... how incredibly hard the suspension is on my Super S...

Especially recently when putting newer dampers on, I tried compressing a lowering spring, which I could do with my arms, but it was really really hard for me to compress the stock Super S spring.

Does anyone know what the spring stiffness is for the different models? I've got some lowering springs which I can't fit yet (I guess I might sell them) because if I fit them my alloys will rub...

But those are a hell of a lot softer...

Also, im right in thinking that soft suspention yeilds more grip and less response (control, dunno what the right word is)... thats all I remember from my RC racing days...

i cant really help but i kno that my first k10 had appalling handling with loads of bodyroll if it was thrown round a bend. (stock springs and standard replacement shocks from lds). whereas my supr s handels quite well (far better than my other k10) and the shocks are standard with spax lowering springs. im sure someone can answer this but possibly there is more travel when compressing the spring due the spring being physically smaller? i.e. there would be far more travel in a larger spring if they were similar stiffness.

Turtle, those rear shocks are uprated gas shocks, the fronts are just standard replacements,

the reason why it was softer before is probably because they were old and worn out,

you need to sort your rear arches out before you can fit those lowering springs, less than a 1 hour job easy. dont forget i had 16's on mine and could go 5's up without rubbing you just need to sort the rear arches.

P.S You probably think its really hard because your used to it being really soft, you'll get used to it and wont notice it soon

the super s handles better mate cos i put brand new shocks and SPAX lowering springs on it before you bought it ;)

i had brand new shocks alround on my other one aswell (didnt see the island in kwicksave! so it had to be done lol). if only you'd put a new engine in!:p although must say to any k10 owner for the price of springs its a must upgrade even without uprated shocks.

Back