K10 Serious problems?

I have an E Reg 1Litre GSX micra,with 51K on teh clock, and ive been experiencing a few problems.
Before i Start i would like to state that i have Replaced the HT leads and the Spark Plugs.
The car is currently not ticking over\idling correctly, its being doing this for a while now and has gradually been getting worse. The car has also been having difficulties in first gear, jumping a little, requireing more revs than usual, i feel however that could be the clutch on its way out.
Today however it has reached a point of were the car is barely able to keep idling at all with out help from the accelerator. I have alos noticed a whitish liquid on the HT leads above were they join the spark leadsm the attached photograph will help with that. I have also put a link to a video and you guys can listen and see the car strugling.

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c93/liirge/?action=view&current=CIMG0594.flv

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c93/liirge/CIMG0593.jpg

I really hope you guys can help me as i adore this car, and desperatly want her to live on!!

Regards
Alastair

Wow that sounds terrible. Take the rocker cover off and see if all the rocker arms have come loose, as thats what it sounds like.

Ed

ahh! i did forget to mention, and this is going to annoy everyone, i am a total mechanical IDIOT!!!!!

however i believe the rocker arms, and in teh Distributor? am i right!

if iam correct taking the Distributor cap off, olny requires the removal of 2 philips head screws?

no,
remove the airbox, then there are two bolts holding a cover on, ontop of the engine, remove these, then take the cover off. Under this is the cam and rocker arms, I have a feeling your rocker arms may have come loose. Causing this problem.

Oh right,
do u suggest i attempt this, i really do mean im clueless!
is there a chance i could cause damage to my baby, or not be able to get her back together?

Personally i wouldn't do this on your own. Because you don't want dirt or anything falling into the engine! I wouldn't do it. and i know exatly what parts Ed's talking about!!

Do you not have any friends or relatives that could help?

Oh, and if you do attempt it, remember to disconnect the battery first :)

Thankyou very much, but i have some news!

I just went out and fired her up, and she's idling much better than before, still a tad uneven but no where near as bad as she was in that video.
However, i did forget to mention in my first message, When i rev the car as the engine revs start dropping, a LOUD click can be heard, and sudden drop in revs and then back up again. I tried this today, and now if i rev the rev the car and immediatly take my foot off the Accelerator the click can be heard in the same place however, the car proceeds to stall.
I remember someone told me it could be "Advanced Retard!"? and they tended to lean towards an ignition or electrics issue such as the coil or Distributor!

Any further ideas, if not i wll enquire to see if anyone i know is capable of doing the rocker arms!

Where are you? Perhaps somone mechanically minded can have a look, IF it does have loose rockers you are trying to run a very poorly engine indeed.

I am in Kent, South East England!
Near Tunbridge Wells and Maidstone!

Yer i am worried, that although she is running, i know and feel its not running correctly, and it does need someone to look at it!.

Any Help is much Appreciated!

Regards

Thats not far from here. (Warlingham) contact me via the site below if you get stuck and something could be arranged.

Cheers Ed, just added your site my favorites!
ill have a talk to some relatives and a cpl of friends first before i trouble you!!

regards!

Awesome, another local person! I used to live on Sheppey with my parents and I still work in Southborough, just outside Tunbridge Wells!

That sounds rough! Hope you get it fixed

James, stop scaring the southern members away :p

Oh really i know southborough!!

my parents go over to ilse of sheppey on a weekly basis, to go to some auction in blue town, apparently theres alot of cheap stuff :D

U like living just outside TW?
What micra u got, mught have seen u cruising around!!!

I don't actually live in TW, I rent a room at Ed's place co-incidentally!

I was driving this around:
128418205_9007adf831.jpg

But due to circumstances beyond my control she's off the road for time being, so at the moment I'm driving this:
408918106_8ae2661d16.jpg

I usually pop back to the island at weekends to go out with some of my mates to Canterbury or Maidstone :)

Back