K10 Seats

A

andrewb150

HiYa I have just bought a 1989 Micra GSX 5 door in silver and want to replace the front seats, have been reading some posts and eveybody seems to be talking about "Super S" seats. Im guessing that this is Nissan's seats from a sports model, will they fit in my Micra easily?

Also can anybody reccommend any other manufactures seats that would fit in my micra, if I cant get hold of any Super S seats (proberley highley sort after). ie. Ford Fiesta.

Cheers for any advice given,

Hopefully one day my Micra will be as cool as most of yours...

Andy

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Welcome to the MSC

Yep super S seats are quite rare, and good condition ones are even harder to find! The front seats are a straight fit... as for fitting other cars, you may need to have custom sub frames fit. Im not sure of any other model of car which has a straight fit frame

OP
OP
A

andrewb150

Thanks for your responses, Looks like I will have to try and get some super s seats from a breakers (not that Ive ever even seen a super s in real life, or at least realised that it wasn't just an ordinary micra).

Cheers for your offer quickdraw but postage on those bad boys would be huge, wouldnt it? I need someone near north london selling them.

the seats in my K10 are in good nick (fabric wise) but they are just not very comfortable, theres no lumber support... The seat just drops away.

I guess I will have to make do with a cusion until I can find some better seats!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Theres no lumber support on the super s ones either, just padding round the sides!

OP
OP
A

andrewb150

Really they look alot more padded in the middle, i dont know what to do now, does anyone know of any good padded seat covers and where to get them?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
andrewb150 said:
Really they look alot more padded in the middle, i dont know what to do now, does anyone know of any good padded seat covers and where to get them?

Dont let that put you off tho, they are still ten times more comfortable and really supportive round corners, and definitly worth having if you can find some

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
i have fitted bluebird and MR2 mk2 seats to my k10 the bluebird seats were a good fit the drivers side seat in the k10 has a removable subframe so you can dirrect swap it on the bluebird seat with some minor modifications (or atleast my k10 did, the other seat fits ok some minor mods to get them in (Common sense really) the mr2 seats had runers the same width as the k10 so i just swapped all the mounts over which meant drilling all the rivets etc etc bit hard to explain in typing but mr2 seats will fit and look to dogs and the have lumbar support

OP
OP
A

andrewb150

I understand about creating a subframe ;-), I was more worried about Size and availability/price.

Can you expand on MR2 mk2 seats? Im guessing they are Toyota Seats?

Cheers for the advice Ill keep a look out

Andy