K10 Rear Clusters

Ems

Ex. Club Member
I really really want to get some custom clear rear lights made up for the k10. Does anyone know of anywhere i could try?!!!! It's somethin i would consider spending a few 0's on lol!!!

Oh and if anyones already inquired, what sort of price did u recieve?!!!

Cheer's peep's!!! :D

If you want them that badly, your best bet after the options we've already exhausted are to get ones designed for another car and get a bodyshop to fit them, just like micra man is doing with the brava lights.

2 seris rover lights are a simlar siz and shape the could be a good donor im sure a body shop could fit them easily :)

Don't think the k11 lights would suit to be honest, and they are a different shape to the k10 ones. Theres a few sets of lights that could be fitted without too mch modification to the shell of the car. The early golf lights wouldn't be too far off I don't think and there is loads of different ones available. I almost changed my mind to these recently. Also someone suggested Renault 19 lights a while back. Either way though there would be some modification required, and the amount it would cost to make new ones you would be better off getting different ones fitted. :) Have a look around at other cars and see what looks a similar shape and what you really like.

Yeah i think i'll have a look round and maybe get a quote nearer the time for the bodyshop once i've found a set i like. There's sooooooo many diff ones available!! Y can't they make the angel lights for the k10 :(

Cheers anyway peeps!!! :D

I have angel eye front lights, or at least I will do when I get them working hehe. :D They look real kool, but again they would have to be different lights, unless you could get someone to put some in the k10 lights?? Shouldn't be too hard to do if you know what you are doing I don't think. :)

That should look cool!!!!

Just had a mad idea to mould my own!! Ha ha. Well u can get those plastic moulding kits!!!!!! :D

Ems said:
That should look cool!!!!

Just had a mad idea to mould my own!! Ha ha. Well u can get those plastic moulding kits!!!!!! :D

They'd probably fail an MOT due to not being certified!

Arnold said:
They'd probably fail an MOT due to not being certified!

dont sound so square...

If they were sensible and safe.. and did their job well...

I cant imagine you having a problem...

Cant recall the last time my MOT assessor checked that all the componants on my car were 'E' marked...

Swallow said:
Mk2 Golf lights would be a good try. They did these in clear.

This is what I would go for... you would need a mate who can weld and some sheet steel and... the rest a bodyshop can sort...

Ems said:
Yeah i think i'll have a look round and maybe get a quote nearer the time for the bodyshop once i've found a set i like. There's sooooooo many diff ones available!! Y can't they make the angel lights for the k10 :(

Cheers anyway peeps!!! :D

you can buy the rings for angle eyes sepretly(sp) in places like motr world then just take ur front lights apart and mount them inside (speedle like trudy had on the astra)

Yeah thats what I was meaning when I said make them from the k10 lights. It just whether they'd be wide enough to fit two in and make it look good. Tricky to do but may just work. :)

micra man said:
Yeah thats what I was meaning when I said make them from the k10 lights. It just whether they'd be wide enough to fit two in and make it look good. Tricky to do but may just work. :)

great minds mate ;)

meh i reckon just tinting them would look kwl. my k10 is white with black bumpers (which im gonna spray white) and i think the tinted rear lights wud look cool.

OMG, y did i miss the rest of this thread!!! Cheer's for all the advice peep's, and cheer's tom_nellist for making the thread re-appear lol!!!!

Oh and i prefer clear to tints as my car is silver and i think we can all agree, usin Titch's k11, that clear lights on silver go well!!!

Cheer's Paul (and micra man), i will have a think about the angel eyes!!! I've never looked at the components on the headlights so don't know what is involved!!! Will have a looky tho!!

find a company that blueprint the micra rear lights and ask if they'd do a clear set! they have to use clear plastic for the reverse section of the lights anyway? i'm sure they would consider doing it, the only problem would be maybe having to stop the production lines accomodate...that's expensive!

I was chatting to Kimbo Frog (some people may remember her) and she had some quotes and stuff for this type of job, however the prices were absolutly rediculous for one off jobs. You also need to send over both lights for them to use as a template etc, as they do the job from scratch.

She since told me that several companies she was dealing with have all decided to stop this due to the time / costs involved, and they'd rather just concerntrate on making items which are going to sell - standard lexarse lights etc.

kristian said:
dont sound so square...

If they were sensible and safe.. and did their job well...

I cant imagine you having a problem...

Cant recall the last time my MOT assessor checked that all the componants on my car were 'E' marked...

ok someone else has posted up why i said that

http://www.micra.org.uk/showpost.php?p=112715&postcount=3

so i was merely stating fact!

If your car does pass then its being done by cowboys! Obviously aftermarket parts do stand out and should be checked.

Back