K10 quick release and short hub?

Hi,

I know some of you may not be into this but I really want to get my hands on one, I know some makes are expensive but I totally think its worth the look :D
Here's a link of a boss kit I know some of you guys have used on the k10 but don't think it looks that pretty and its pretty big. K10 Boss kit.

I saw in one of the other threads that the nissan 200sx has the same spline fitment for the steering wheel but wasn't sure how true this was and how to find out, I've done some research but not having much luck, so thought I'd ask all the good people on here :p If the nissan 200sx is true then I would be getting this awesome short hub for my micra k10 to go with this awesome looking steering wheel

I don't want to spend the money and find out that it does not fit as it's coming from the U.S and I would be stuck with it as shipping is a BOMB!!!!

If you think to yourself, why haven't I asked the seller about this, well I have but no luck of an answer from them, means that they could be losing out on my money :eek:

So the question is does the nissan 200sx have the same steering spline fitment as the mirca k10 and will that short hub fit the k10??

Thanks

OP
OP
Sdperkins
Oh really, how do you know this, or you had one?? lol. So do you know if I was to get a short hub for the r33 skyline it would fit the k10??

nexussteve

The reason you're happy!
IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

Ahh fair dos. TBH, it's quite hard to find a decent aftermarket steering wheel for K10s!

OP
OP
Sdperkins
Ah yeah, as you can tell I don't really use text talk :p and yeah I now know how hard it is to find stuff for it, still looking, someone might be making a custom one for me :D shorter version than the normal k10 adapter, no idea how it will look like yet, will post something on here in case more people would like one.

OP
OP
Sdperkins

Yeah but im not sure if these will work on the k10, I've never done this before so I don't fully understand what is needed. But if they would work then would this not work ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400274738053?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Also fits the nissna 200sx ad well as the nissan r33 skyline as they are meant to have the same spline fitment as the k10

Not sure about that one, from what they say it has to be used with their quick-release adapter :confused:

These hubs were specially designed so that an aftermarket steering wheel installed with the quick release kit still mounts on the same location, not too close to the driver.

OP
OP
Sdperkins
Ah I did not see that, hmmm, will have to see if they can work without a quick release or even looks for a slim quick release, trying to contact seller to find out more but its the weekend so I don't expect a reply till monday, cheers for pointing that out though :) maybe a short spacer will be needed...

OP
OP
Sdperkins
Reading up on another seller of the short hubs, it sounds like they are designed for the quick release hub to bring the steering wheel to the correct level but you don't have to have a quick release on there. That's what I've understood, where as I'm after a 3" deep dish steering wheel the short hub should be a perfect match, bringing it to the correct level however, if the spline fitment is poking out the short hub then I was thinking a spacer to the required size should do the job or in fact I will have to get a quick release as well. Some people might say why bother with the 3" deep dish, its just what I like and don't want to buy something I'm not happy with.

why do you want to spend that much on a boss? I bought a short boss from the uk for £50 (check ebay).

once the boss and wheel were on i couldn't put the horn push on because of the steering rack

OP
OP
Sdperkins
I just think it looks some much better than the cheap ones, that's the only real reason. I know there are cheaper ones for like £20. I mean if i can't find what I'm looking for then I will go ahead with the £20 cheap one, but I'm just trying to find out what is needed as K10 boss's are not popular.

the one I bought was a solid lump of metal, so by no means "cheap" but like I said you will have trouble with the steering rack and horn push if it's too short

the one I bought was a solid lump of metal, so by no means "cheap" but like I said you will have trouble with the steering rack and horn push if it's too short

Please stop saying "steering rack" that bit is down near your feet. Do you mean the horn push hits the very top of the steering column?

OP
OP
Sdperkins
For anyone that wants to know what other type of boss that works with the K10, heres a quick list:
- 90+ Nissan 200SX
- 86-96 Nissan 240SX (will not work with Hicas)
- 90+ Nissan 300ZX (will not work with Hicas)
- 93+ Nissan Altima
- 89-98 Nissan Maxima
- 87-90 Nissan Pulsar
- 91-96 Nissan Sentra
- Nissan Skyline R32
- Nissan Skyline R33 (the boss that I bought was for this car, but they all have the same spline fitment)
-Nissan Skyline R34
Click this link to go to a good looking boss for your k10