K10 Overpricing Problem! Cambelt, Fuel Pump,

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Ok I have had a hole in my exhaust for a while now thanks to a bodge it fix from a place near horley, went back there today to get it fixed the engineer came out to tell me that it would need a new down pipe which is what i said to them in the first place!
anyways this isnt my main concern he said "the cam belt and fuel pump would need to be replaced soon as its leaking out quite rapidly"

so i asked them for prices:

Exhaust Downpipe - £41.98+vat (Half Hour Labour)

Water Pump - £39.95+vat
(2 Hours Labour For These Two)
Cam Belt - £44.95+vat

Total Price = £267.83 inc. vat

Am I About To Get Ripped Off? :glare:

cos i know of other places i could use (Y)

inlcluding delivery from buypartsby.co.uk

QCP2906 21.49 CLG9 1.05 301247 17.57 All prices are in GB Pounds Subtotal 40.11 Delivery 7.50 Tax VAT 7.14 TOTAL 54.75

am still in need to find a cam belt though?

sed the cam belt and water pump are honsetly really really easy on the k10, i did mine just following what they haynes says all you need is a little basic knowlege of where stuff is in the engine bay, a good set of spanners and sockets and the parts.

not forgettign patience, a good job takes time, i did mine in a day (12 noon till dusk, then next day)

cheers everyone now all i have to do is dust down the haynes mnual and actually do it before bad things happen :( you never know i might clean up the engine bay whilst im there :grinning:

oh and ed i was just looking on your site how long untill the shop is updated and what magic could you perform on my micra? :grinning:

you buy the bits and i fit them for £100

would love to do that but your near on 3 hours away and i have a leaking water pump :laugh:
well with any luck the parts are on their way as i speak so all going well should be sorted soon! (Y)

Back