Just need rears

Attachments

• 1435866554625.jpg
    1435866554625.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 474

pork

Club Member
Take the fuel bowls off and check for gunk

My ones had been left for awhile and all this white sludge was in there. They were beyond repair and had to buy another set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pork

Club Member
Not as bad as mine. Give em a good soak and carb cleaner the hell out of it, make sure you get in all the little holes

Be careful of melting rubbers or plastics to with the cleaner :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
karlj
Removed the original inlet mani (May have forgotten about coolant galleries)

Put the inlet side of the carbs against the inlet mani and they're a very close match

@pork what did you do about the coolant for the mani did you just block it off?

OP
OP
karlj
Hopefully there will be a more substantial update at the weekend it at the moment I'm having a major headache with getting new inlet gaskets

OP
OP
karlj
So it's one step forward two steps back

Finally sorted new inlet gaskets, but instead of using them as a template for the bike carb manifold I thought it best to use them as a template to make a template. With that done I've refitted the original manifold so I could have a running car for the mot

Almost finished removing all of the sound deadening just the drivers side footwell to go then with that done it'll be time to refit the seats and seat belts

Stuff left to do is new springs and tyres

OP
OP
karlj
Have to say a massive thank you to Simon for keeping hold of them for me :)

They're not a perfect fit but I can sort that

OP
OP
karlj
Did some more interior stripping, removed the dash to get the last of the sound deadening.. need to drain the coolant so I can remove the heater matrix

Things to do with the interior...

Remove wiring loom
Remove the last of the sound deadening (the stuff stuck to the body of the car)
Plug any holes not needed
Sand
Paint

OP
OP
karlj
Had this in the garage so thought I'd see if it'd fit the k10.... and obviously it does :)

Attachments

• 1441546183519.jpg
    1441546183519.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 399
OP
OP
karlj
Whilst the weather is nice I've decided now is a good time to remove the old ma10

Attachments

• 1442755819268.jpg
    1442755819268.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 403
  • 1442755838940.jpg
    1442755838940.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 450
OP
OP
karlj
Tired now!

Lot harder than I thought doing it by myself !

Anyway....

Mount off

View attachment 22625

Bolt engine to k10 box fir now
View attachment 22626

Engine in on original g/box mounts, so I can still use k10 drive shafts
View attachment 22627

Mark where new mount needs to go
View attachment 22628

Flipped over old mount, drilled new holes, cut a section out and hammered into shape
View attachment 22629

View attachment 22630

All I need to do is make some longer studs to fit k11 mount to engine and strengthen up new mount bit more
View attachment 22631

All out now, gunna spray engine bay in morning push car back home, then dismantle engine for rebuild

Bed now

OP
OP
karlj
FFS just went to swap the k10 clutch onto the cg10 and I have a 1.3 f/w, praying to the car gods I still have the spare at my dad's

OP
OP
karlj
Little update, after trying 5, yes 5 flywheels I still don't have one that I need. Thankfully Mr Bognor has come to my rescue and I'll be picking one up on Saturday :)

OP
OP
karlj
Had some time today and half a tin of black spray

The picture looks far better than the reality but meh just wanted to waste what I had left

Attachments

• 1443625948311.jpg
    1443625948311.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 386
  • 1443625968342.jpg
    1443625968342.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 407
OP
OP
karlj
Massive thank you to Mr Bognor who has saved the day

Finally got myself the correct flywheel so now I can get the engine in and the drivers side mount sorted.

Now I have a small conundrum, after removing the flywheel from Mark's battered lx he offered me the non nats ecu.. so do I complicate the build slightly by going injection or do I stick with carbs

Attachments

• 1443944329852.jpg
    1443944329852.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 426
OP
OP
karlj
Had some time today and thought I'd set about putting the engine in.... Didn't go according to plan so I'm just going to make my life easier and remove the gear box

OP
OP
karlj
Haven't done anything with the 10 for a while, will possibly going to scrap as I don't have the time to finish playing with it

OP
OP
karlj
The 10 has been stripped of all the parts I want to keep hold of, thankfully there wasn't much to remove

Turbo bumpers and seats will be put in storage the rest will be scrapped as soon as I've made the arrangements