K10 Nissan OEM Rear Hatch Visor / Deflector

jdmisme

Ex. Club Member
I picked this up yesterday and I'm having a very hard time finding ANY info about it. It's a Nissan OEM rear hatch/window visor (deflector). The installation instructions that come with it say it's for a K10 but I'm having a hard time finding ANY pics of this particular part installed on a K10 so that I can verify it for myself. Does anyone have any info concerning this part? Pics showing one of these installed would be best, of course, but anything would help at this point. Thanks.

k10rearvisor1-13-13.jpg

I noticed that there were 42 views of this thread but no replies. In case no one was able to find any info or a pic, here is something you can use for future reference. After quite a bit of searching, I finally found a confirmation picture. This is from a JDM K10 March option parts catalog:

K10marchcatalog.jpg

A grainy close-up:

K10marchcatalog2.jpg

Problem solved. Thanks for looking.

Have you fitted thus? Got any pics :)

I don't actually own a K10, I sell JDM parts for a living and was just asking here at this forum because you guys know your stuff more than anyone else out there.

Not seen one of those before. Where did you get it?

I actually bought it from a Japanese guy who said he picked it up from someone else that didn't need it anymore. One of those things that sits in someones storage/garage for decades and finally gets moved around.

Fancy translating some of it for us? :)

I'll do what I can. Which parts in particular?

Any really, I just thought it would be quite interesting to have a translated version of it!

I recognise your username, I think I bought an N15 pulsar rear number plate from you about 5 years ago!

How much would you sell if for?

I'm not really sure where I'm going to sell it, yet. It's either going to go on Yahoo Auction or eBay. I'll probably start it out at about $150 plus the shipping.

Any really, I just thought it would be quite interesting to have a translated version of it!

I recognise your username, I think I bought an N15 pulsar rear number plate from you about 5 years ago!

It's 2am for me right now so I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see what I can do. As for the N15 part...that's very likely! Back then I was dealing a lot with N15 parts. Not so much anymore, though.

Don't I know it :( I've had a £30 back box end up costing me £150 plus what ever the garage charge me for the pleasure of fixing it

What are the black wing things on the...err....wings?

And, yeah, would love to see translation of what other things are?

What are the black wing things on the...err....wings?

And, yeah, would love to see translation of what other things are?

I just woke up this morning and saw this question so I guess it's as god a place to start as any. Those are called 'Door Mirror Visors'. I've personally seen them on the R31 and N15.

I've got a whole heap of work to do today so I'll just start with the top row in the pic.

To the far left is the 'Seat Cover--Sporty Two Tone (for turbo model, only)'. The first audio unit in the row is the 'City Connection'. The second is the 'Osmo' (the 's' is pronounced as a 'z'). The third is the 'Lo-D Lagoon'. The last unit in the row is a digital meter/gauge of some type. It says it's only for the Turbo model. I can't read one of the Kanji so I'll get might wife to check for me later, but I THINK it's for fuel pressure.

The smaller writing below all of the parts is too garbled to see what it says. The pic I have is of poor quality so making it larger just compounds the 'garbleness' (yeah, I made that word up)..

Sorry I haven't gotten back with more translations. It's been a hectic week for me.

So, to continue...

The first item in the second row is a mobile phone. It's an in-dash type. The cost is a whopping 98,000yen which, right now would be about $1150USD, but back in 1986-ish it would have been about $490USD.
The item next to that is also a phone, but it is a hand held type for 105,000yen. They call it the 'Boomerang' type (don't ask...I have no idea where that came from).
The item next to that is the already mentioned rear deflector at 18,000yen.
The item next to that is a ski rack for either 18,000yen or 13,000yen (I can't tell...it's too garbled).
Below the ski rack are 'Body Side Protectors' for 23,000yen.
Below that are 'Aluminum Road Wheels' for what looks to be 106,000yen. It states that they're for the 'Z1 Type' and Turbo models, ONLY.
Below that are 'Aluminum Road Wheels (Fin Type: available in 2 colors--Champagne Gold or White) at 95,000yen. It states they're only for the Turbo model. Below that is too garbled to read.
For the parts shown on the vehicle itself, I'll start at 12 o'clock and go clockwise:

@ 12 o'clock:

'Surfboard Rack' for 9,000yen.

Going clockwise:

'Clean Visor' (a.k.a. door/window visors/rainguards) for 4,200yen.
'Fender Protectors' for 16,000yen.
Again, the body side protectors and the 'Fin Type' Aluminum Road Wheels
'Number Plate Trim' for 1.500yen.
'Fender Fins' for 7,600yen.
And, finally, the 'Door Mirror Visors' for 2,500yen.

And that's it. :)

Before anyone asks if I can get these part...they're ALL discontinued and, to be honest, I don't deal with new parts from the dealer.

Now...some bad news for those of you that were looking to pick up the rear deflector easily via eBay...I've placed it on Yahoo Auction Japan. The reason behind that is the shipping costs. It would cost a Japanese buyer no more than the equivalent of $30USD to have the deflector shipped, so they would have more cushion to spend more on the item, itself. I know that sounds bad but, you have to understand, this is my business...this is what I do for a living, so I have to get as much as I can for any and all parts. For you guys in the U.K. and other locations in Europe, it would cost either $107USD for Expedited mail (Japan Post EMS) or $47 for slow boat mail (slow meaning via ship, which would take about 2-3 MONTHS to arrive). I realise that neither one of those options are very appealing (either too expensive or takes too long) and that is why I went ahead and put it on Yahoo. I put it on Yahoo with a starting price of 15,000yen which is about $177USD.

As someone had stated earlier, you can figure on paying double that price in the end with the fees and shipping costs charged by the currently available proxy bidder sites. I want to help you out if at all possible, so I've figured a proxy bidding plan up in my head. If you want, I can put in proxy bids for you. You won't be charged anything extra...just the cost of the part and the actual shipping cost. This is not something I've done before, but I THINK I've thought it out thoroughly in my head. I can have a friend use his Yahoo account to bid to whatever your top price is. The only catch is that I would need to you paypal the funds to me BEFORE a bid is placed on your behalf. That's just something that I cannot get around, sorry. I think that's about how the proxy bidder sites work anyways, is it not?

The way I see it working is like this:

Let's say you want to put in a bid of whatever yen amount is equal to $200USD (I'm using a yen to U.S. dollar rate of $1USD=85 yen so, in this example, $200 would equal 17,000yen). With the shipping included, it would be either a total of $247 (via slow boat mail) or $307 (via express mail) for you. You would paypal me those funds with a note specifying either 'slow boat mail' or 'express mail' so that I would know exactly how much your max is for the part, itself. Example: Someone sends $347 with a note specifying 'slow boat mail'. This tells me that they are looking to make a max bid of the equivalent to $300 in yen for the deflector and the remaining funds are for slow boat shipping.

So that there is no confusion on my end, if someone were to send funds which exceed previously received funds, the funds first received would be refunded in full, immediately. Example: Person 'A' sends $247 with a note specifying 'slow boat mail'. They are looking to spend a maximum of the equivalent to $200 in yen on the part, itself. Person 'B' sends $300 with a note specifying 'slow boat mail', which means they are looking to spend a maximum of the equivalent to $253 in yen on the part, itself. There is no point in me keeping the funds from person 'A' as Person 'B' would end up outbidding them, so I would simply refund Person 'A's' funds as soon as a higher amount is received. If someone sends funds which are less than an amount I have already received, the funds would be refunded immediately, also.

Another catch is that any funds sent would need to be received AT LEAST 6 hours prior the end of the auction. I can wait til the last minute to place the actual bid if that is what you specifically request, but the funds would need be received by no later than 6 hours prior to the end of the auction. This alleviates any problems that could occur if more than one person were to sends funds in the last minutes of the auction. That would get too hectic for me as I have to contact my friend and have him place a bid, so I need the time to make sure it happens smoothly. Any funds received after that 6 hour cut-off mark would be refunded, immediately.

When I say 'immediately' I mean as soon as I SEE those funds. You have to consider the time difference between Europe and Japan...I may be sleeping when funds that need to be refunded are sent.

Like I said, I've never done this before so I could very well be missing an important aspect of this. Let me know what you think. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll shoot you my paypal address. This proxy bidding offer is only for members of this site. This is so I know who I'm dealing with (and you know who YOU'RE dealing with, also).

One last note, this proxy bidding is only available for this particular part. I just don't have the time or resources to do proxy bidding full time. My business is a one man show, so I'm always busy sourcing, cleaning, taking pictures of, writing descriptions for, packaging and mailing parts.

Thanks, and I hope the translations of the option part catalog page were enlightening!!

Oh, by the way...if you just wand to look at the deflector, this is the URL:

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/163818300

Wow, thanks for the huge translation there, it's much appreciated!

I understand the reasons why you put it on YAJ as opposed to eBay too :)

James.

Yeah, unfortunately I couldn't find a single picture, other than the one in the option parts catalog, that showed it installed.

Yeah the pictures are good :) So whats your plan to install it then? Just try and see how it comes out, or researching some more? Good luck

I won't be installing it. Whoever buys it will be doing that. All of the installation hardware is included and instructions in both Japanese and English are included, so I don't foresee the future owner having any problems. There's 16 hours left in the auction and someone has placed a bid, so it will be sold within the next day.

old thread i know, sorry, but if all the parts in that pic are discontinued does that mean like uber rare for someone to have them lol as i have the white alloys on my micra

Back