K10 Micra for sale - one owner from new

K10-U F-reg 1988 Micra 1.0 manual for sale. Blue, 3-door, 30000 mileage. Owned from new by my wife. Taxed/MOT + service every year. MOT expires September.

Being sold as we no longer need two cars as we're now both retired. It is also becoming increasing difficult for my wife to drive without power steering, due to back problems.

The car has always been garaged. The usual wear and tear replacements: battery, exhaust , tyres. Tyres are a few years old but car only does approx. 200 miles a year. Only significant change, a re-conditioned gearbox 2 1/2 years ago.

As the car is in good condition for its age with low mileage [ see photos ], we thought we'd try this forum first. £300 ono.

Car located near Camberley, Surrey.

Attachments

• Photo-1-Bi4.jpg
    Photo-1-Bi4.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 872
  • Photo-2-b3.jpg
    Photo-2-b3.jpg
    599.2 KB · Views: 900
  • Photo-3-b5.jpg
    Photo-3-b5.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 971
Well, I picked Bluie up last Saturday and was impressed to find the car just as described, one of the best K10 Micras I have ever seen. Unfortunately Bluie's contact breaker points failed on the M4 about 15 miles into the trip back to Liverpool! The AA were called but for obvious reasons, did not have any points available for the car. With it being a Saturday night, and the motor factors closed until Monday morning, my only option was to spend 2 nights in a Travelodge in Bracknell, until Monday when a local garage were able to source the points and get Bluie running again.

After that, she drove perfectly all the way back to Liverpool doing 210 miles on about half a tank at steady 60mph. I've used her all week around the city and she drives perfectly and garners quite a few looks from passers by! I'd almost forgotten just how fun the K1- really is, with its impressive speed off the line and go-kart like handling. No one can believe how low the mileage is and how good condition she's in! For now though I'm back in my Almera (which feels like a tank after a week in the K10!) for practical reasons, until I'm 24 in August and hopefully will be able to afford to insure both cars simultaneously. In the meantime, I've a few jobs lined up for Bluie, including a good clean up and paint job on her steel wheels (no alloys here, going for the stock look!) and some underseal to preserve the excellent condition of the bottom of the car.

A big thanks to the sellers of the car who were very very helpful when the breakdown occurred and whom I'm positive sold Bluie in good faith, I don't think anyone could have predicted the points failure!

I'll be making a work in progress blog soon with some good photos to show her off in detail!

frank

Club Member
nice one john :) that happened to me on the way to wales (the spring on the points had snapped on mine) so i had to wedge some rubber tube at the back of the moving point and nurse it to shrewsbury town centre, a bit of washerjet hose iirc

Yep that's exactly what happened to mine. That did occur to me, but I don't think it would have got me back to Liverpool... I certainly wouldn't have enjoyed the drive anyway haha!

Been considering an upgrade to electronic ignition but not sure I'll be doing the miles to warrant the work! Bluie is going to be my baby while the almera does the usual 300 miles a week!

K10-U F-reg 1988 Micra 1.0 manual for sale. Blue, 3-door, 30000 mileage. Owned from new by my wife. Taxed/MOT + service every year. MOT expires September.

Being sold as we no longer need two cars as we're now both retired. It is also becoming increasing difficult for my wife to drive without power steering, due to back problems.

The car has always been garaged. The usual wear and tear replacements: battery, exhaust , tyres. Tyres are a few years old but car only does approx. 200 miles a year. Only significant change, a re-conditioned gearbox 2 1/2 years ago.

As the car is in good condition for its age with low mileage [ see photos ], we thought we'd try this forum first. £300 ono.

Hi, do you still have your micra for sale?

Okay thanks.