K10 Knocking Sound On Left Bends?

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Hey Just Finished Work This Morning As i Do Silly Night Shifts On The Way Home Noticed A Deep Knocking Sound Coming From The Right Hand Side When I Went Round Left Hand Corners :eek: Not Good! Could This Be Suspension, Wheels Or As I'm Gonna Guess CV Joint. If However It Is A CV Joint Please Treat Me Like An Absolute Moron As I Have No Idea What It Is Other Than Curriculum Vitae :p

Clunk clunk clunk goes the cv joint, they are basically the bend in the driveshaft to allow the wheels to move relative to the gearbox. If they loose grease or dirt gets in the joint can deteriorate very quickly. We had an inner CV joint do that for three years on a 205, easy fix dripping in a second hand driveshaft, my neighbour stripped and rebuilt the one on his Clio wiliams.

Thanks For The Info Lets Just Hope It Is The CV Joint And That I Dont Fix That And Its Still There :O

Thanks For The Info Lets Just Hope It Is The CV Joint And That I Dont Fix That And Its Still There :O

worn cv,s dont give a deep knock tho fwn, and will only click on full lock, k10 rack mounts are notorious (allowing the rack to float sideways) but it could be anything really (bottom balljoints, t/r/ends, exhaust etc) :)

well im gonna let me old man check it out tomorrow but was just wondering if you guys had a similiar problem so he could just go straight to that first no probs will just have to spend some hours on it :D

Back