K10 Headunit Hell!

Recently aquired a nice little nissan k10 1.0 1989 and decided as much as i love the smooth classics that the MW/LW radio picks up I want to put my CD player from a previous car.

I then tried to acquire a K10 -> ISO radio harness with no luck so i decided to splice the wires to a harness with no attachment but it wont work i've consulted the workshop manual and a haynes manual and it seems my connections are correct but i can't get any power to the head unit at all.

Any ideas?

Look forward to your replies.

-Bio

Just don't do what the previous owner of my K11 decided to do- scotchlock it in! Does wonders for sound quality.....

Where have you taken your earth from??

Micras are crap for an earth for the headunit, I advise making your own bolting/screwing a wire to some bodywork close by, this could be your problem.

Check your + and - with a multimeter to make sure you are getting a 12v signal through the head unit.

The earth shouldn't be a problem Ollie. This is for a K10. Get yourself a multimeter to test which ones are live. Lots of people i think have problems with the red and yellow cables (perm live & switch live), so see if you have power to these.

Back