K10 GSX 1989 - Breaking for spares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micra 110

Site Supporter
K10 1.2 GSX 1989 - Scrapped - No parts available

Well I've searched around for an Engine and Gearbox, too much hassle to find and fit so I'm now scrapping this K10 Micra.

* Bonnet Hinge Bolts have snapped off on the Drivers side

Engine ok but needs new Head gasket gearbox whines but still works - Pick up only
Windscreen wiper motor - £8 + post
Windscreen Arms - £4 + Post
Radiator, nearly new (no outlet pipe came with it so it needs a short length of pipe to fit in the Hole, the rad wasn't fitted for long before the car died, sorry) - £60 posted
Sunroof and seal but no bag, can be posted but at buyers risk - £15 + post
Carburettor - £15 + post
Alternator - £14 + post
Coil - £6 posted
Seats front and back are in good condition. The rears are split seats, very favourable with the DIYer - £40 + post
Parcel shelf is good condition, no holes and 1 with holes (which I cut to big :doh:) £offers
Adjustable Wing mirrors - £15 + post
Boot opener + cable, very good mod - £15 + post
Boot Interior light X 2 £5 each posted
Front Interior light - £5 posted
Rubbers for front Exhaust hanger, Dome shaped £2 posted
Windscreen - Pick up or a very careful courior ;)

P1010001.jpg

P1010004-2.jpg

P1010006-1.jpg

P1010005-2.jpg

P1010011-4.jpg

Parts sold on a first come first served basis :)
For those owners who wish to buy something but don't have the cash I will store the Parts for 1 week and resell but please be sure that you want the particular part :)

Any questions ask away or send me a Private message :)

cheers :)

is that a sports exhaust system. If so. Whats the spec of it.

Pipe diameter
Number of boxes
Is it decat
And tail pipe size.

thanks

sorry I should have put in the Engine description :doh: It's a 1.2L

The Exhaust system is a Standard one, well spotted Superls :D

Exhaust hanger has surface rust other than that it's in good shape :)

*edit* read your post again. Not worth me paying any money for it. Might be willing to keep it alive if you gave it to me for nothing.

I would have to take a spare engine with me and possibly gearbox from the sounds of things, fit them, then drive the car back. This is something I would do for the thrill of the high chance of everything going wrong. There is no chance I would make any money out of it even if you gave me the car.

I would have to take a spare engine with me and possibly gearbox from the sounds of things, fit them, then drive the car back. This is something I would do for the thrill of the high chance of everything going wrong.

An original idea I'll give you that, sounds like hard work to me though.
I'm still waiting on a Duplicate Logbook from the people at DiVLA....:sleepy: I've lost the original somewhere in Dorset...:rolleyes:

If you wanted to do it the other way round, I would be happy to sell you a lovely 45k ma10 engine with 4 speed box. I could fit them for you too. Seems a shame to break a car with 9 months MOT left!!

it will run ok, the ma10 actually has bigger jets believe it or not, ive been running an ma10 carb on my ma12 for about 2 years

i would fit the engine with the basic ancillaries still attached... i.e inlet manifold+carb, exhaust manifold, same dizzy plugs leads ->maybe same coil.

so basically, put the engine in and as long as there is no problem with your fuel filter or battery, it will be running exactly the same as the engine did in the donor car (which is perfectly).

i would fit the engine with the basic ancillaries still attached... i.e inlet manifold+carb, exhaust manifold, same dizzy plugs leads ->maybe same coil.

so basically, put the engine in and as long as there is no problem with your fuel filter or battery, it will be running exactly the same as the engine did in the donor car (which is perfectly).

If you were to come over and do this then it would have to be on a weekend.
I wouldn't be able to help you unfortunately so bringing a mate would be handy :)

I've also found the paperwork so if you want it then come and help yourself, whatever happens it's got to go.

superls said:
it will run ok, the ma10 actually has bigger jets believe it or not, I've been running an ma10 carb on my ma12 for about 2 years

You're right there, the Main Jet on the MA10 is a 94 whereas the MA12 is a 93 ;)
Didn't know they could be used on different models, thanks for pointing that out, nice one (Y)

Yeah I will sell you an engine and gearbox and fit it for you. I have had 5 k10's and this is by far the best engine.. spent most of its life with an old man. I never took it over 65 day to day. If you are happy to pay for a low milage k10, a low mileage k10 shall be yours :)

I don't think you're grasping what I'm trying to do here...I want to get rid of it not to keep it.
Do you want it or can I carry on and scrap the thing, sorry if I'm sounding a bit off but I really need to shot of this car. I have no money to give you or anybody else.

It's on my old dears driveway and she's starting to get a bit funny because of the time it's been there. I already have 2 other micra and one of them I have to get rid of as well.

So please make up your mind whether you want it or not. :)

ahh ok. I thought there was two options. Now it is clear there is one. I have a really sweet engine, in a slightly pranged chassis. How close to mint is your chassis? Would the engine take a 60 mile trip at 50mph??

large Body parts, plastics, Carpets etc are not available for postage. This car will be picked up at the end of this week and scrapped.

Please PM me if interested in other smaller parts, thanks.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back